IMG_9810.jpg

Greg72

#MIGHTASWELLK5
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, test successfull, photobucket sucks :waytogo:

I concur.

Not looking forward to migrating 7000 photos and repairing all the broken links.
CK5 photo hosting is fine, but photos are invisible to non-paying members which is kind of a drag. Not everyone that get's a copy of my build thread link is going to care enough to pay $25

-G

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
I concur.

Not looking forward to migrating 7000 photos and repairing all the broken links.
CK5 photo hosting is fine, but photos are invisible to non-paying members which is kind of a drag. Not everyone that get's a copy of my build thread link is going to care enough to pay $25

-G
Yeah I know but with PBS even paying members can't see.
Did you try any other sites?
I know Google wants to pay me $15 to host my pics unlimited. :dunno:
I personally don't host any pictures and when I want to post something I do it on ck5

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I concur.

-G
That's not true at all!!! Photos uploaded to the media gallery are visible to non-paying members. If they are not, it is because you have your settings set to private.

Greg72

#MIGHTASWELLK5
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's not true at all!!! Photos uploaded to the media gallery are visible to non-paying members. If they are not, it is because you have your settings set to private.

Hi Steve,
@CK5

Where is the setting for privacy? I'll check it... Thanks!

-G

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Hi Steve,
@CK5

Where is the setting for privacy? I'll check it... Thanks!

-G
You should be working on your Blazer not taking pictures! lol
But I digress, you can just click into your album (settings are by album) and on the right hand side (desktop) you can view/change permissions.
media.png

Greg72

#MIGHTASWELLK5
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@CK5

Cool.

I have the same settings for my Album Permissions that you are showing there....

Could there be a problem because dropping photos DIRECTLY into my thread updates, as opposed to putting them into an album FIRST, and then linking them to my thread updates?

My photo album only has a small amount of photos, and none of the recent stuff I've been sharing on the thread.... so maybe that' s the difference? :dunno:

I use the little "camera" icon and then select the "UPLOAD FILE OR PHOTO" option.... pick the photo from my local PC and when it gives me the small thumbnail. I click "IMAGE" button and it embeds it...

Like I just did for this one:

IMG_9995.JPG

Using that process, doesn't seem to make it a part of my formal CK5 photo album, so maybe that's where I'm screwing up.

-G

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
If you attach pictures to the forum via your hard drive etc. you have to be a Premium member to view... If you put them in the Media gallery first you can control the permissions and use them anywhere. Meaning you can create an album that is private to you if you like and also have another album that is viewable by anyone and you can also link on other websites and will be viewable, you control the permissions.

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
@Greg72 If you log out and view this thread you will not be able to view your pic above as you "attached" it to the forum but you will be able to view my Blazer above as I linked it from the gallery.

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Also, if you click the camera icon your pics in the media gallery open and you can drag and drop.

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
For reference... also, the media gallery is a Premium feature and pretty slick.

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
You can also just click on an image to display larger size.

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
And yes I can't write with a mouse to save my life.

Greg72

#MIGHTASWELLK5
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@CK5

Steve,

I'm uploading the photos into the Media Gallery first, naming them and then dropping them into my thread from there.

The photos are all shrimpy... is there a setting that I'm missing? It would be nice to set the default image size to something larger than a thumbnail if I can.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

-G

Greg72

#MIGHTASWELLK5
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like this?
full

YES!

I'm using the Media Gallery now, so my photos should be visible even to non-members (I logged out to confirm how it looks).

But when I dragged and dropped from the Media Gallery thumbnails into my new thread post, the photos stayed small and are not "expandable" when you click on them.
Checked for Media Gallery options for a way to upload in different format sizes but didn't find anything yet.

-G

Top Bottom