CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Photos of game you've harvested

runamok151

1 ton status
Reaction score
never been up that way to fish but I did check out Hudson canyon on google maps. that's a long boat ride too. are yall tuna and billfish fishing too or just deep drop?

I used to go out of Barnegat and it was a 4-5 hour ride to the canyons. We'd usually stop at the giant lobster pot buoys and cast for mahi on the way in/out. We'd drop anchor along the rim of the canyons and fish for tuna all night and AM. Some guys would drop a line down for the tile fish if the tuna weren't biting. I tried one night and caught one fish. Too much reeling pulling it up from 600'.

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to go out of Barnegat and it was a 4-5 hour ride to the canyons. We'd usually stop at the giant lobster pot buoys and cast for mahi on the way in/out. We'd drop anchor along the rim of the canyons and fish for tuna all night and AM. Some guys would drop a line down for the tile fish if the tuna weren't biting. I tried one night and caught one fish. Too much reeling pulling it up from 600'.
i finally saw your yellowfin on page 18, nice fish! alot of guys around here fish along time before they actually boat one. for me, overnights are the only way to fish and there's nothing better than watching the sun go down over the water on a slick ride out knowing your going to put the hurt on em. by the way, we cheat and use electrics for anything deeper than 300ft. wish we had lobster pots down here, we have to find the rip holding the weedlines for the mahi

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's the story behind the mule deer? That's one of the nicest first bucks I've seen
Public land hunt in an area I've never hunted before. We got super lucky and kicked him and a few others out of a wash. An older guy sitting on the road by my wife dropped one of the other ones and we got lucky and this guy turned and headed up where we could cut him off. I've never shot anything even close to it. He was hunting on my wife's tag last year but was the only one to draw out this year. We saw an even bigger one headed over a hill too far away. I'm hoping the weather cooperates and we can get him another big one this year. We hiked our asses off last year too. Waiting for the shoulder mount to come back.

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Public land hunt in an area I've never hunted before. We got super lucky and kicked him and a few others out of a wash. An older guy sitting on the road by my wife dropped one of the other ones and we got lucky and this guy turned and headed up where we could cut him off. I've never shot anything even close to it. He was hunting on my wife's tag last year but was the only one to draw out this year. We saw an even bigger one headed over a hill too far away. I'm hoping the weather cooperates and we can get him another big one this year. We hiked our asses off last year too. Waiting for the shoulder mount to come back.
Good times. He'll have alot of fun trying to top that one

Top Bottom