CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Pics

Tweetysuarus

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Broken Pinion Gear
5303Broken_pinion-med.jpg

Fully disassembled
5303Disassembled-med.jpg

Aaron installing new ring gear with loc tite
5303new_gear-med.jpg

New pinion with shims and bearing
5303new_pinion_gear-med.jpg

Bearing being pressed on the pinion
5303Bearing_pressed_on-med.jpg

Installing the locker with the new gear
5303installing_locker-med.jpg

Checking the shims
5303check_shims-med.jpg

Setting up a dial indicator, not zero'd yet!
5303set_up_dail-med.jpg

Backlash set at .006
5303backlash_set-med.jpg

All this wouldn't have been possible without the help from Aaron! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif He da man! This was an all day project. We had to disassemble the rearend and remove the gear set to swap for the new set at 4 Wheel Parts. The removal of the locker was not an easy task, the preload was very tight as well as the pinion removal was quite tight as well. Well the parts were supposed to there at 10am, But you know how that goes! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif They did arrive on time so we went to pick up new axle seals and get lunch while we waited for the truck to arrive. Finally we get the gaerset and headback to do the install after cleaning up all the parts. Aaron installed the new gear on the locker and pressed the new bearing on the pinion after he measured the shim thickness and set the pinion depth, we got lucky the first time and got a good reading! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif,Next was to setup the back lash in the locker. Once again frist time with .006 on the dial indicator! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif! Then came the hard part! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gifInstalling the crush sleeve! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif What a pain in the buttkis! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif When we started to get the crush sleeve to compress the first bit was quite stuburn and we could only get about 1" of movement in the breakerbar! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif But Aarons persistance won out over time after several breakerbar feild goals /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gifBut he didn't give up and finally got the pinion preload done /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif! We then had the final clean up and fill with oil and test drive! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif!
No problems so far! Aaron is da man! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif
Thanx Aaron!
Bill

Muddytazz

1 ton status
Reaction score
Cool deal, glad to hear everything went relatively smoothly for ya /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Tweetysuarus

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Yup! I can't wait for the break in procedure to be over with! Where are the little elves in the middle of the night to do this while I sleep! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
Bill

ntaj*ep

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice photos, but I don't see any of it on the trailer with those bad a$$ wheels and tires /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Tweetysuarus

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I fergot on purpose! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Couldn't get myself hammered on for weeks for the NHRA look!
Bill

4xrick

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
it is summer i think he wants to keep cool or seem cool i dont know which

ntaj*ep

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hay now, lets take it easy here. I never claimed to be cool although the air has been getting a bit warmer lately......

4xrick

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
hey i never said you claimed to be cool I said you were trying to seem cool dont be getting all confused now. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Tweetysuarus

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Now, now no more
sword2.gif
sword2.gif
sword2.gif
sword2.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
Bill

Top Bottom