Pictures of 14b ff installed....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Zeus33rd, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Here & Here.

Don't laugh at my donut tires, lol.....My 15" 8 luggers get here Wenesday. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Awww ya didnt shave it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Build(s):
    Showoff... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I'm almost done with mine too....still need brakelines and a driveshaft......and shock mounts! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

I better get back out to the "man space"!

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

To tell ya the truth, I just forgot to shave it...LOL! Oh well....Next time I get the itch to modify something.....I know what I'll do. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Greg72- Why ya need brake lines? Mine bolted up no probs.. And also why ya need a driveline? I just got the staggered u-joint thingy at Napa. 1/2 ton on side, 1 ton on the other. Part # 348...I paid $27. One of these days I'll get the 1 ton driveline....Hehe, I've been goin like hell tryin to get this done for BlazerFest. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Build(s):
    KJ,

Brake lines are needed because one of the fittings seized and tore off the line, plus I did the disk brake conversion so it's nice to add a small piece of flexible line at each caliper to allow for movement and for easier brake jobs later.

Since I cut the perches off my axle, I decided to rotate the pinion to aim at the t-case, which means I would get vibrations-from-hell unless I went with a CV-style driveshaft. I bought the hybrid u-joint too.....before I fully understood what I would need. So I've got an extra if you ever need one! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

By the way, I finally figured out how to mount my new shocks (Rancho 9012's...the LONG ones!). I was able to mount them almost straight up and down, and on the OUTSIDE of the springpacks! I will find out at BlazerFest if all my measuring is correct, but for now they look good. I also was able to finally paint the rear axle, now that all the welding is completed! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Scott (4x4High) helped me do the front 8-Lug conversion last night....prety simple bolt on stuff compared to what I've been going through on the 14-Bolt with all of it's custom mods.

For now my list is getting smaller:

1. Install rear axle shafts / gaskets /bolts
    2. Install rear brake lines (hard lines/ SS flex lines)
    3. Bleed brake system
    4. Install Xfer case e-brake & new driveshaft
    5. Install new battery and battery tray

Yesterday was a huge day "progress wise"....but I guess that 12 hours of work SHOULD allow you to make progress!!!