CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Post Your Cool New Forum Features Here

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
We're all learning the new layout as we go so I thought it would be good to have a thread for all the old and/or new features to be posted. Kind of a tutorial that's not a tutorial, post away!

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I found the Quick Navigation button that works like the old "User CP".

quick nav menu.jpg

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
If you would like to alert someone that you are talking about them in a post just add an @ in front of there username and they will get alerted to the post, like @nvrenuf

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
You can also add tags to a post to aid in searching.

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Almost forgot... when someone creates a new post in the classified section they will be able to choose a location prefix. The only classified forum I didn't put that on is the ebay/craigslist forum.

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Another one I really like is, if you are typing a reply at the same time someone else just posted a reply in the same thread, a small popup alerts you that more reply's have been made since you last viewed the thread and gives you the option to view those before posting your reply. I honestly didn't even know about that one at all until yesterday.

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
found a couple I like, but here's one... when putting pic's in a post, it automatically starts right after the pic now.. so ya just hit enter a few times and add another pic... the old forum it put you at the beginning of the pic, so you had to click after it to get going.... was a pain cuz it would be all the way on the bottom/right after the pic...

still wish you could sort the "who's online" section by name, "what they're looking at", etc like the old one..

sweetk30

I build stuff
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
anyone know how to do a link insert with out a whole line of info showing ?

I wana shorten up my sig line links .

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I just did it in my sig redo.. iirc, you just type what you want to show, than highlight it and click on the insert button... put the link in the box, click ok...

sweetk30

I build stuff
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
ya I figured . I was at work and short on time then . now home .

but waiting for someone to show up ? ? ? he gave me a eta of 10:15 pm .....................................

who could it be ? ? ?

ekajkrats

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this new?

When viewing a forum, such as the Lounge, or New Posts section and you see the time below the latest post, click that and you'll be taken to the last post.

I know you used to to click "last post," so maybe not new, just moved is a better description of this one.

-Jacob

-stew-

Banned
Reaction score
Pig pen works on mobile now.

For...

The....

Wwwiiiinnnnn......

sweetk30

I build stuff
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Is this new?

When viewing a forum, such as the Lounge, or New Posts section and you see the time below the latest post, click that and you'll be taken to the last post.

I know you used to to click "last post," so maybe not new, just moved is a better description of this one.

-Jacob
just click the title and it takes you to the first post since your last view / log out . = me like !!!

campfire

Adventure is out there!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I just did it in my sig redo.. iirc, you just type what you want to show, than highlight it and click on the insert button... put the link in the box, click ok...

You're using the old numbering scheme (which still works, thanks to Steve's script). Has anyone tried linking to the new scheme (that includes the title in the link) and then changing the thread title? I would think that could break the link, but I haven't tried it yet.

Top Bottom