CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Pot legal from coast to coast to coast...as of today.

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Not only legal, but according to my employer the whole "zero tolerance" for THC is a thing of the past now. We can partake as long as there is 24 hours between doing so and working/driving.

So far Justin Trudeau has done exactly one thing that's OK...although with .gov running that show they'll probably find a way for it to lose money.

13 hours into day one, and I haven't seen any reefer madness yet. It just seems like any other day. Hmmm, could they have over-hyped the shit out of this whole thing for the last year?

rampage

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, there might be some experimenters here and there but the vast majority who will continue to smoke already have been, it’s just legal now. In a month when the novelty wears off it’ll be just like someone who has a drink, which is the category that it should be in.

sweetk30

I build stuff
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
i hate the stuff . i cant even stand the smell of it makes me want to barffff . and i know they say its o.k. it wont make you go to other drugs but i call bull sh!t for 90% or so of them . in my old line of work the cops had so many times pot was involved it wasnt funny . . .

now on the TRUE medical side i am all for it .

rampage

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
i hate the stuff . i cant even stand the smell of it makes me want to barffff . and i know they say its o.k. it wont make you go to other drugs but i call bull sh!t for 90% or so of them . in my old line of work the cops had so many times pot was involved it wasnt funny . . .

now on the TRUE medical side i am all for it .
First, you can’t stop people from smoking pot just because it’s illegal - prohibition taught us that. Second, I’d much rather deal with a stoned person than a drunk one any day and I’m sure police will tell you the same. Someone who smokes too much goes into a happy/vegetative state, whereas someone who drinks too much can get violent. I wonder how many stoned people have been tased? My guess is next to none.

sweetk30

I build stuff
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
First, you can’t stop people from smoking pot just because it’s illegal - prohibition taught us that. Second, I’d much rather deal with a stoned person than a drunk one any day and I’m sure police will tell you the same. Someone who smokes too much goes into a happy/vegetative state, whereas someone who drinks too much can get violent. I wonder how many stoned people have been tased? My guess is next to none.
i am NOT going to debate this item . its just my opinion is all .

and from being in the towing world for years and auto repair i had to deal with cops a lot for car related problems . lots and lots of times the reason there car was impounded / crashed / in a ditch was for pot in 1 way or the other .

thats it and no more from me on this . i dont know why i even posted up . i have seen it trash a few good peoples lives personally .

rampage

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Well then they were F-tards for getting behind the wheel impaired. That was a poor decision on their part just like someone who drinks. But that will happen just as often if legal or illegal, at least now their car can’t be impounded for possession (I’m guessing there’s a limit). Bottom line, people will drive impaired whether it be alcohol, pot, meth, etc. if it’s legal or not. Can’t stop that. Not here to debate it either and don’t care for a response. Just saying that reefer madness is a myth started in the 30s by the govt to scare people from using. In reality the opposite happens.

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Personal possession limit is 30 grams, which is quite a bit lol. As for in the car it will be treated like booze. Sealed container, not in easy reach of the driver and of course no driving high.

The thing I'm waiting for is the roadside screening, specifically what the metric will be, and how that relates to usage. From what I'm hearing so far the devices they have are not the best...so unreliable I doubt they could get any kind of conviction using one. The lawyers would have a field day.

For myself personally I feel like I can relax and chill around friends that do partake now. As it was before if I was drug tested and they even found a trace I'd be in deep shit...so I had to make sure I always steered well clear of anyone smoking it. Now...no big deal. My youngest daughter has a prescription for it for the last year I guess. It really helps her anxiety issues and the migraines she has had issues with since she was 8 or so. Now I don't have to avoid her outside like she has the plague.

454Sub

5/8 ton status
Reaction score
Police impound vehicles for a pot seed but let a driver go with a ticket and an opened 12 pack.

Alcohol is proven statistically to destroy more lives than any other form of drug combined times two almost. Opiod deaths are rising quickly, but nowhere near alcohol.

lectric80

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
As far as roadside tests, there is nothing that can prove impairment at this point. Detection of use within 12-24 hours yes, but nothing like a breathalyzer for pot. For regular smokers, having it in your system can last 20-40 days, depending on some other factors, and that doesn't prove impairment. The typical prosecutions for impairment are linked to accidents, at least that I've seen in states that have legalized it for recreational use.

As for the medicinal side, I'm hopeful Utah will finally pass a true medical marijuana bill that will allow my autistic son to use CBD oil. We tested it last year with some from Colorado, and it was a night and day difference in his behavior and ability to focus. Unfortunately, it isn't legal here yet, and I have no doubt that the church will have a drastic say in changing the propositions final outcome once it does pass next month.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
One major thing differs here in Colorado vs Canada going for the whole country. Since CO voted in weed the influx of people moving to this state from other non-weed states has increased radically. The amount of illegal grows just in Pueblo County jumped big time too. A lot of the illegal grows were growing to ship the weed out of state.

So by going country wide in Canuckistan you won't have a mass influx of people moving from one providence that isn't legal to one that does.

acm

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
As for the metric to determine impairment...
Officer "say the alphabet backwards starting at z"

Accused "z, blah blah blah"

Officer "want a cheeto?"

Accused "dude sweet!!!"

Officer "you have the right th to remain silent... "

Seems simple enough.

rampage

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Police know when someone has been smoking. Bloodshot eyes is the first dead giveaway along with that distinct odor that gets on everything and doesn’t go away for some time. Some simple tests that they may perform to bring you in for further evaluation (depending upon jurisdiction) may include trying to spit on a piece of cardboard or trying to determine when 30 seconds has elapsed. I’m sure there are others but those are the ones I’ve heard about.

diesel4me

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
The laws here are still messed up,despite it now being "medically and recreationally legal"...

As I noted yesterday ,you still can't buy pot over the counter unless you have a medical MJ card and paid your $200+ fee to be seen by a doctor and "approved"..though July this year was supposed to be the deadline for retail pot sales to begin,they are still dragging their butts,only yesterday did the "cannabis control commission" decide to finally schedule a vote on who to grant a licence to as far as the "lab" they decided must be used to test ALL the pot before it is declared "safe" for consumption..(meanwhile,about 30 tons of already harvested pot sits around,getting mildew or moldy probably!)..

You'd think if the state wants their tax money,they would be in more of a hurry to get the process implimented...but they seem to find more excuses to drag it out instead..meanwhile,the black market gets all the sales profits for the most part,not everyone knows someone with a medical MJ card to purchase it for them..and their prices are much higher than the black market,so there will always be some dealers selling it anyways..

The police here are all against this--why they have always been so down on pot,but seem to let heroin and other hard drug pushers either get away with it or wait until it's an epidemic to finally bust any suppliers,I don't know..maybe because potheads are usually non violent and "go quietly" if they got busted,while the hard drug pushers usually resist arrest and have guns 99% of the time,and would rather not be taken in alive ?...

Just a week or so ago,they finally did a "sweep" of the Lowell & Lawerence MA areas well known for being the distribution center for heroin and fentanyl ,the bust netted over 30 POUNDS of fentanyl,"enough to kill everyone in MA",according to the feds--and that was probably just the tip of the iceburg..

If you get caught "driving high" you face the same charges as DWI--but they have no real "test" to tell if your impaired,or just happen to smell like pot from being around others who smoked it--the cops hate this,nearly every arrest gets thrown out of court for lack of evidence,and its been determined by the courts just the odor of MJ in a car doesn't mean the operator is under its influence,they cant use that alone as a reason to arrest you..

If your caught having more than one ounce of pot in your vehicle that was not in a heat sealed bag,and locked in the glove box or trunk,you are liable to be arrested for DWI..you cant just keep it in your pocket,or in a bag that can be opened and re-sealed.."smoking in public" is punishable by a $300 fine in many towns too...they will likely reap a lot of money from all these new laws..

Yesterday I read in the paper that any "pot cafe's" are unlikely to be opened in MA anytime soon,no "coffee shops" like in Amsterdam,they say it'll be years down the road before that ever happens,and most likely they will limit public consumption to vaping,or edibles,rather than have people smoking it,which would no doubt lead to complaints from abutters and others who hate the odor..

You can possess up to 10 ounces in your home legally here too!--I don't think anyone could smoke that much in 31 days even if you stayed up and chain smoked joints 24/7...yet they can arrest anyone selling weed still,and anyone having over 6 plants per person per household is also liable to face "distribution" charges,even if they are only growing it for personal use..but you can "gift" MJ without penalty..!..

I think Canada did it right--by not legalizing it in "some" places and allowing it in others,leads to much illegal smuggling and court costs,the USA should have adopted a nationwide policy instead of making some areas "pot friendly",and having a hoard of users moving in from the states that don't allow it..

As for weed being harmful--well,lets just say it "can" be--I dont think kids under 18 should be allowed to use it recreationally ,the kids today are brain impaired enough without pot,compared to my generation,and most of my classmates and friends that used pot are still alive,while others who liked tripping on LSD or used cocaine,heroin,oxycontins,are all dead now..

Some people can't handle anything intoxicating,and get themselves in deep trouble,others seem to have no ill effects with pot and many find it helps with many medical issues..no one ever OD'd on pot,but it has led to some accidents that killed some users and innocent people,and I know a few guys who were robbed of their weed at gunpoint,one was shot in the stomach,the other was beaten up so bad he almost died..
Both didn't dare tell the police why they were shot and beat up--and the thugs know that-- its unlikely someone dealing is going to go to the police and say "I got shot by a guy robbing my weed"..
Hopefully things like this will fade as it becomes available on a retail level..

Russell

LLY Escalade Status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
My employer and all the others I've heard of in oil and gas are maintaining a zero consumption policy. If they do a blood or hair sample test and detect any THC, you're going to get canned. No different than before.

I smelled it last night while I was mowing my lawn for the first time in my neighbourhood. I don't suspect many people will start doing it who were not already doing so before.

diesel4me

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
I smell weed everywhere here now...the other day I was getting diesel fuel at a place that also has a car wash/vacuum cleaners,and a bunch of black guys waxing BMW's and Lexus's were puffing away!..
The outdoor flea market I go to often also often has that odor wafting around too...I don't think I've ever seen a uniformed cop there once in several years there,but I know a few of the sellers there are off duty cops,they don't seem to care..

Often in Walmart or other stores,someone nearby will reek of weed,the "Bone-Cologne" as we used to call it..some guys I know who partake have the nick-name "Roach" because they always smell like one..

There was a person here who got fired for testing positive for THC,I think she was a nurse--she was the first to file a lawsuit over the "no tolerance" policy,claiming she had not used any for several days prior to her unscheduled urine test that her employer made her take..
I haven't heard the outcome yet,probably hasn't gone to trial yet..

I cant see why it's "legal" for someone using oxycontins for legit medical reasons to still work,but someone who smoked pot 3 days ago and still has enough in their body to test positive gets fired..especially if they are a medical MJ patient,not just a recreational toker..

I feel bad for all the people who got "busted" in the past,had their lives ruined by having an arrest record,did jail time for their "offences"..now its perfectly legal...:screwy:..

lectric80

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Police know when someone has been smoking. Bloodshot eyes is the first dead giveaway along with that distinct odor that gets on everything and doesn’t go away for some time. Some simple tests that they may perform to bring you in for further evaluation (depending upon jurisdiction) may include trying to spit on a piece of cardboard or trying to determine when 30 seconds has elapsed. I’m sure there are others but those are the ones I’ve heard about.
None of these are legal in a court of law except as probably cause, and none of them prove impairment. Bloodshot eyes are rare for regular smokers, and they still don't prove impairment. Again, these types of test might prove that you've used, but there is not a definitive level that can be pointed to as impairment, this doesn't work like alcohol. That's the part that needs to happen, right now the most common test is an oral swab, which proves consumption within 12-24 hours, but does not prove impairment because there is no way to prove it. Even the odor proves nothing since I can have a certain amount in my vehicle, having an odor doesn't prove impairment either, simply probably cause, and likely not something that will hold up in court.

lectric80

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
As for the metric to determine impairment...
Officer "say the alphabet backwards starting at z"

Accused "z, blah blah blah"

Officer "want a cheeto?"

Accused "dude sweet!!!"

Officer "you have the right th to remain silent... "

Seems simple enough.
I can run the alphabet backwards as letters and phonetics even if I've been smoking, as for cheeto's, god they are nasty.

Top Bottom