CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Wanted Property in NE CO, SW NEB or NW Kansas

scouthead

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where do you think a lot of those people are going when they leave CA? We bought a house in 2001 for $105K, after the housing bubble in 2008 it dropped as low as $60K in value. In 2019 we sold it for $148K. Prices here are continuing to rise. Tons of housing development going on around here and they can't keep up with the demand.
bought a cabin on 5 acres in the desert for 24K in 2009...

my neighbor's place is 1/2 the square footage on 2.5 acres, and just sold for 384K (she bought it for 10K and spent 65K fixing it up)

I'm afraid to even look at estimates on mine now- this bubble is crazy and if I cashed out, not sure what my options would be to start over with that $$ somewhere else. property taxes scare the hell out of me. the last thing I want to do is buy in to something that is supposed to be mine, just to find out I cant afford to "keep" it...

almost thinking I need to look into decent paying jobs in the area and just move out there to the desert- at least the stupid CA property tax is based off the original low sale price... ????? hell i don't know.

eodcoduto

We could have been closer.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Land prices most everywhere are stupid high, I have found a few acres here and there that old farmers will carve off for a low price. Or drive around and find abandoned property and see if the county owns it, that is sometimes lower.

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Corn and soybeans.

Mostly feed for cattle, which seems ironic.

Martin

Capt Ron

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Sorry , @Capt Ron

I am trustee on a farm in SE Kansas. Believe it or not, 983 acres of paradise. Old growth hardwood, creek bottoms, hills, and fertile soil. Some discussion in this thread hit a nerve. I apologize.
It's all good. No apology necessary. Your passion for something you call paradise is totally understood.
Get rid of that "wet" heat and I would expand my search much farther east.

Last edited:

DrKessler

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hayden outdoors seems to be the go to source for that kind of stuff out here. Worth checking periodically:

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
hayden outdoors seems to be the go to source for that kind of stuff out here. Worth checking periodically:

Hayden has been listing a lot of mountain property around here too.

Top Bottom