CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Quality vacuum caps needed!

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Seems like every time I put a vacuum cap on I find it totally roached a year later like this one:

20211013_103509.jpg

What can I get that's a better option?

JoshHefnerX

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was gonna make a joke about arp vs hardware store bolts in the hoses,

But.. I've used those vinyl colored caps before and I dont know if it was the heat or what but they got really loose over time.

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
Was gonna make a joke about arp vs hardware store bolts in the hoses,

But.. I've used those vinyl colored caps before and I dont know if it was the heat or what but they got really loose over time.
Hmm, that’s never happened in my experience. If anything they might shrink up tighter. I wonder if it depends on the type of plastic. I think the ones I get are from dorman ?

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had the same cracking with rubber caps. Been using the colored vinyl ones for a while too, much better.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Hmm, that’s never happened in my experience. If anything they might shrink up tighter. I wonder if it depends on the type of plastic. I think the ones I get are from dorman ?
There don't seem to be many sources for them. Dorman, Summit, Pico, and Moroso are the only vinyl ones I've found. Moroso has them in black only.

Top Bottom