CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

rear cv shaft vibration

MJB774X

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
at about 50mph I get a vibration I think its the driveshaft, I have a 1350 cv rear shaft, the pinion does not point straight at it so I think thats the problem, how do I figure out what degree shim to install, I also have a zero rate block, I know you can buy them that are already tapered, does anyone have this set up so I can just get the same block instead of guessing?

jakeslim

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
ummm...if you will not be needing those zero rates... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif i sure could use those. Sell?

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
I was told you use an angle finder to check that. Diveshaft guy say you must shim it to within 3 degrees of the driveshaft. If it is slightly down it is better , remember axles moves pinion up on accelleration. Your profile says 6 inch lift. Is it springs and blocks with zero rate or something else. My four inch shackle flip put my 12 bolt perfect. When it is shimmed proper after finding angle it should look like this:

6508IM000757-med.JPG

85mudblazin

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
The pinion angle doesnt have to point straight at the t-case. The two angles where the ds goes to the t-case and where the ds goes to the rearend have to be within 2* of each other. I had to drop my t-case 2 inches and use 2* shims.

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
Just going off what I was told by driveshaft guy and pictures at Tom Woods site. I have no problems with mine, even on freeway. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Top Bottom