CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Rear lift?

jess

Registered Member
Reaction score
Going with a 4 inch lift and a lot of trimming. Is rear ORD shackle kit the way to go over 4 inch springs in the rear?

big83chevy4x4

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
yes deffinately. you will use your stock springs and be a much smoother ride than lift springs. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Everybody talks highly of the shackle flips, yeah they might be a better ride due to using the stock springs, but in my opinion, I personally think they make the rear of the spring hang too low in the rear. I have seen a few rigs with these flip kits, and seen some banged up from hitting on rocks when wheelin or whatever. I personally am going with the spring lift as I kinda need the extra stiffness in the rear anyway. (hmm, that didn't sound right /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif)

Anyway, I would look around before jumping to any conclusions and take alook at other peoples rides and see what you think of their setups.

AGAIN,, just my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
I don't think its that bad if you run the stock shackle and flip it. Aftermarket shackles may take some damage but with factory shackle and springs obstacles should slide on spring and not hit shackle. I think you were meaning Jay's shackles , right? He has a set with dual holes and the extra hangs down. Oh well , I like the ride of both our trucks and the method of lift is entirely different /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
FYI, Shackle Flip, and Towing are not reccomended !

[/ QUOTE ]

And supposedly is not recommended with lifted springs either,,,,, /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Top Bottom