CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Rear power window wont go up

F-ingrob

Wheres the mud
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need help
Rear window wont go up either from the switch inside or the key outside
I checked all the connections and found nothing lose it would do it once in a while before but now i had to use a drill motor to make it go up
How does it work
Is there a relay hidden or a door switch not making connection
How hard is it to go to a manual window regulator

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I believe you can buy all the parts for a manual setup from LMC now. Not tough, but I'm sure it won't be cheap either.

There is some sort of circuit breaker that it runs through (I'm guessing one of the breakers on the fuse panel), as I've run mine hard enough for it to stop working, then restart later.

The first culprit to blame, if it doesn't work from the inside or outside switches, would be the safety switch on the drivers side latch. You'd want to make sure you have power back there first, but that switch is a pretty common failure point. If everything else is working properly, even if one of the switches fails, the other one should still operate the window.

rampage

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Yep, check the safety switch first. You can put a jumper wire between the two connectors on it to bypass the switch and see if that works. Also, just as important as supplying power is to make sure there is a return path for the current (i.e. a good ground connection). Try running a 12 gauge wire from the case of the motor to bare metal on the frame. The ground from the factory relies on the hinges to be clean, so if behind the hinges is rusty/dirty/corroded then it’s a bad ground and an open circuit.

rampage

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
It does go down but just not up
I will check the switch thanks

If it goes down and not up then it could be binding on the top. If you’re careful, you could bypass the safety switch like I said, pop the tailgate open slightly, and roll the window up so it’s not going into the top. Just make sure you support the window with one hand while doing this so you don’t stress it and break it. A helper might be useful. This will tell you if it’s binding on the top or the guides inside the gate need adjustment.

Top Bottom