CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Rear shocks behind the axle?

anwat

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I say try the 6" shackles B4 you you start redesigning the rear suspension
The extreme travel or the HD? You don't think that will lift the rear of the truck too much?

s-3.JPG
s-1.JPG

Last edited:

anwat

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't think of a way for a suburban r frame to fit a blazer, wo it being modified. So the spring hangers and body perches shouldn't be compared to a burb,
I'd like to see a Blazer rear spring front perch, and rear bumper brackets.
Also thinking this morning what is the ideal distance from the center of hanger bolt to spring eye?
The sub frame would have more room between the springs, correct? Like maybe the 4" we're seeing? Is the older sub wheelbase 110"? The only place I can see any frame mods is right at the rear of the gas tank. But I can't see the actual rails up front due to the boxing where the link arms meet the frame.

anwat

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
ordered the 6" HD shackles on thursday, since they were in stock. Hopefully they will come this week and maybe I can get started on those shocks. I absolutely hate waiting to do things I've finally decided to do. I procrastinate enough without any help!

Top Bottom