Returning to CK5, Need some help

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by Mudbone, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Mudbone

Mudbone Registered Member Premium Member

I've been away from CK5 for years but have more time for my trucks now so I was checking back in. It seems that the site has changed a bit and I need some help. I was trying to send a PM to someone and I got an error that my Inbox was full. It looks like I have 21 conversations and the limit is 5? I don't recall it working that way. How do I fix this, I can go into the old conversations but can't seem to delete them? And do I have to delete them? There is some old product information in some of them that I would like to save.

Thanks

2. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    I think you need to be a premium member to have more than 5?

3. Bent77

Bent77 lil meanie Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Brian is correct. Aside from “leaving” the old messages, adding the premium membership will help that. I don’t believe there is a delete button for those

4. Mudbone

So, leaving is effectively deleting?

And on the issue of Premium Membership, is there a way to do recurring without using PayPal? (I have read a couple of threads about this but they are old.) When you sign up and it sends you to the PayPal page there is not the normal option of using a credit card instead of an actual PayPal account. It seemed like the CK5 account owner was saying there was a way to that in one of the older threads

5. skunked

skunked phat block slush machine Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Send @CK5 a message, he's worked out other payment options with some members without paypal in the past. I think he's at SEMA right now though.....

6. Bent77

Build(s):
    Yes

and you can use a card through PayPal if you like, or PM @CK5 as mentioned by Skunked

7. Mudbone

PayPal is not working like that for some reason. Where it would normally have the option to use a credit card there is only the option to create a PayPal account, (or log in with an existing one.) And I had planned to PM CK5 all along but can't for the reason mentioned in my original post, my Inbox is full.

Would you please PM him on my behalf and refer him to this thread. Perhaps he can explain what I need to do here. I can wait until he returns from SEMA

Thanks

8. Bent77

Build(s):
    Will do