CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Rewiring/Harness replacement advice experience?

CT-BLAZER

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ditched all the factory gages ,+ put Autometer games in the factory holes. Had to do some grinding with a burring bit.

MEMO43

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat,
might end up going EZ witing with Dakota anolog gauges for the looks of old school.
@CT-BLAZER you have any pics of how your cluster looks after the autometer install.
I've that they don't necessarily point straight but more downwards

CT-BLAZER

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have images or that vehicle.... Flipped it . . .

The gages sat flush , or just recessed in the chrome bezel

As I recall I had to hog out some plastic to to align the gages . The holes tapered + needed to be opened up

Haven't done much on the 91 Blazer.... Have some of the gages....

Will insert gages & film Saturday . . .

CT-BLAZER

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saw the above as a kit for using Component Halogen Bulbs, v. Sealed Beams.

Used similar to run 150 Watt PIAA bulbs, with out burning factory harness.

ZombieK5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just placed my order with Jabin Wood for my wiring harness. VERY expensive but he comes with good recommendations and reviews. I told him what I have and what I need and he says it will all be put together and ready to go. I asked for a sub fuse panel for all interior power (guages, windows, AC, stereo, CB/Shortwave, etc...).

I am going with Autometer Guages (Including GPS Spedo). They will be installed in DIY4X replacement steel dash.

Ill let everyone know what happens with the Jabin Wood harness....

BoondocK5

Chevrolet Bone Collector
Premium Member
Author
Reaction score
I just placed my order with Jabin Wood for my wiring harness. VERY expensive but he comes with good recommendations and reviews. I told him what I have and what I need and he says it will all be put together and ready to go. I asked for a sub fuse panel for all interior power (guages, windows, AC, stereo, CB/Shortwave, etc...).

I am going with Autometer Guages (Including GPS Spedo). They will be installed in DIY4X replacement steel dash.

You can get the DIY4X dash in steel?

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

I’ve got a custom harness from Jabin Wood, it’s super nice and looks factory. I told him what I had, what I did and didn’t want and he tayored it perfectly. Total plug & play.

That said, I found a ton of bad reviews on him after I placed my order which scared me. He did get very slow to reply to my messages, if at all, which was a complaint. When he was about a month late (from his time quote) and not replying at all I messaged him threatening to contest the cc charge, he suddenly started answering and the harness showed up in a week.

The harness was worth the price and way better than the build it yourself “custom harnesses” but the transaction was a little stressful. I highly recommend staying on top of him and holding him to his timeline.

ZombieK5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a custom harness from Jabin Wood, it’s super nice and looks factory. I told him what I had, what I did and didn’t want and he tayored it perfectly. Total plug & play.

That said, I found a ton of bad reviews on him after I placed my order which scared me. He did get very slow to reply to my messages, if at all, which was a complaint. When he was about a month late (from his time quote) and not replying at all I messaged him threatening to contest the cc charge, he suddenly started answering and the harness showed up in a week.

The harness was worth the price and way better than the build it yourself “custom harnesses” but the transaction was a little stressful. I highly recommend staying on top of him and holding him to his timeline.
Good to know

Top Bottom