CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

RIP, Cheryle Weatherly, aka "Shewheeler"...

gokartergo

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I showed Shewheelers mother and father this site today... They are going through and reading all the posts.. So if you see her has logged on.. It is her parents...

Zeus33rd

Smarter than you
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Wow...blast from the past...

That was a good day, had a lot of fun. Cheryle, RyanB, myself, NoSmog...and a couple others I think. :woot:

I think it was closer to 6-7 years ago. I'm 34 now, I know I wasn't yet 30 in those pictrues. It was way before I had my truggy fully finished. My last two trips with it were the Hammers and Fordyce in the first part '07. That was 4 years ago.

76zimmer

Flyin Rat
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The pink axle project....thansk for sharing.

gokartergo

3/4 ton status
Reaction score

That was a good day, had a lot of fun. Cheryle, RyanB, myself, NoSmog...and a couple others I think. :woot:

I think it was closer to 6-7 years ago. I'm 34 now, I know I wasn't yet 30 in those pictrues. It was way before I had my truggy fully finished. My last two trips with it were the Hammers and Fordyce in the first part '07. That was 4 years ago.

Yep starting thinking after I posted that.. I think I sold that Blue Blazer like 7 or 8 years ago. So I was off on the date.. I'm getting old and can't remember dates..LOL

Bubba Ray Boudreaux

1 ton status
Reaction score

Yep starting thinking after I posted that.. I think I sold that Blue Blazer like 7 or 8 years ago. So I was off on the date.. I'm getting old and can't remember dates..LOL

I was thinking closer to 8, 9 years ago because if I recall correctly, she had the pink diff covers at the last Blazerfest I went to back in '03.

scrappyk5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Condolances and prayers from us. May she rest in peace. I did know of her first fight, did not know it came back. I am sorry.

502 4x4

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I am very saddened to learn of this. The first PM (personal message) I received on CK5 was from Cheryle -welcoming me to the CK5 Lounge- going on nine years ago. She was the very first person on CK5 to be photochopped by the “Phantom Chopper”.

My sincere sympathies are with Cheryle’s parents and family and also with Dan and his family.
I am not able to attend on Saturday, however, be certain that I will be there in spirit.
Cheryle was truly a very special lady. Truly.

A few more pics:
CW-1-Tiff.jpg

I took the picture of Cheryle and Stephen during Blazer Fest 4 at Hollister Hills in 2003.

gokartergo

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Yep Thank you, I printed it out on some good Kodak paper and gave it to her parents.. They loved it..

Fordum

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never met her, and only had minimal contact. When I came along, she was building her workshed and asking for advice about pouring the slab, framing, etc.

I have done a little bit of every part that goes into building something like that from scratch, so there is no telling what I tried to advise her on.

I do remember asking her to please stick around on the forum because we need women who can put up with the bunch that hangs out here.

I hung in with her on the thread until she finally finished it, or at least the main part of it.
When she did, she posted a picture of herself happy with what she had done.
I didn't know her name or exactly where in Ca she was, but I have a female friend out there, so I downloaded that pic to see if she might know Shewheeler.

I mean, after all, its such a small state..........
She didn't.

But, as a result, I knew I had that pic on a hard drive somewhere, and have been looking for it off and on.
Finally found it, and wanted to post it here. But I also wanted to tell the story behind it and its name.
Since due to the way i got it, I don't have any of the metadata, but the created time stamp on the drive says July 23 2009.

Its the only pic of the bunch I downloaded, wish I had gotten a lot more.

If you think her parents would like to see it, please let them know its here or forward it to them.
Since I got it off the forum, its the same resolution here as on my drive, so it would not make any difference if I sent it directly.

Certainly not the best pic of her, but its an honest one. Nothing staged.

me_happy.jpg

cabledawg

Secret Squirrel
Reaction score
Just read through this. Kinda been outta the loop. I didnt know her well, but the loss is still felt.

RIP SW

Top Bottom