CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Rocker questions

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cut out the outer rocker today and I have a basic idea on how floorboards, kickpanel and inner and outer rockers go back in but had a few questions. From the videos I've watched I think I have to make this piece

20220409_131303.jpg

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also the inner rocker seems way longer than I need. I'm guessing I just cut it to length because the section I found underneath the outer just goes from one mark to the other

20220409_141140.jpg

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
And the gm groove on the front and back floorpans don't come close to matching up. Should I make the front match the back or vice versa?

20220409_143235.jpg

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
The last pic I would cut the piece length wise, line up the features and add material to fill the gap.

Sorry can't help with the rockers I have never done them.
i'm trying to find a pic of the rear floorpan welded to the inner rocker before installation that i know i have seen on this site somewhere. i'm thinking of going with the idea of just bending the rear floorpan to match the front. thanks for the input

Bigb55

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
The inner rocker panel is designed for pickups. That's why it has the rear part that sticks up. Have to trim for the blazer flat floor.

The floor pan goes on first, then the inner rocker goes over the outside edge of the floor pan, then the kick panel, spot weld it all together as you go. This creates the weather strip channel.

Then the outer rocker goes over everything and Is welded in the door jambs and spot welded to inner rocker at the lower lip. It will create the weatherstrip edge.

Bigb55

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the front pan, inner rocker and kick panel on my '74 to get an idea. The rear of inner rocker got trimmed as it's raised for the pickup hump.

There are two styles of inner rocker replacement panels. I used the full replacement that made a whole new weatherstrip channel. Floor pans overlay at the channel

IMG_20201221_145208800_HDR.jpg

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the front pan, inner rocker and kick panel on my '74 to get an idea. The rear of inner rocker got trimmed as it's raised for the pickup hump.

There are two styles of inner rocker replacement panels. I used the full replacement that made a whole new weatherstrip channel. Floor pans overlay at the channel

View attachment 410312
thanks for posting that. it looks like the inner rocker panel you bought has that part that i have to make(the first pic in this thread) already built in. it would have been nice to have found that one.

Bigb55

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's sold as a "outer front cab floor panel" by Tabco.

It basically is the inner rocker and outer floor pan in one complete piece. For blazers you trim off the rear fin and it connects perfectly to the floor pans

Top Bottom