Roll Bars

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 7, 2001.

    Just a few quick questions. Is it true that the integrated top on a blazer acts like a roll bar? If not, where is the best place to purchase one? If it is possible to take a roll bar from an older Blazer (1974) and install it in mine (1984) what would be the best and safest way to do so? Thanks for the info and a great site.
  1. BlazerGuy

    BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

    Apr 20, 2000
    Likes Received:
    Yes on 76-91 K5's there is a intergrated roll bar over your head. You can buy a rollbar from Smittbilt(<A target="_blank" HREF=></A>) or get a cage. I do not know if you can take a rollbar from a 74 since the frames changed in 78(allowing more passenger leg room).

    Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune time." [​IMG]
  2. Stephen

    Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

    Sep 15, 2000
    Likes Received:
    Carbondale Colorado
    The half cabs act as a pretty decent roll over protective structure. I've seen a few rolled K5's and they really hold up pretty well. The windshield crushes down but the half cab does pretty well. Smitty built has an ok cage kit, we're going to be taking a look at what it takes to make one work, maybe sell the main hoop for it, I'm not sure at this point.
    I basically built the protective tubework on my K5 just so I could functionally test the suspension and drivetrain parts, but now we're finding that there's a lot of people want some like them too. So we're looking at getting into the tube work also. Lot's of stuff I didn't plan on but really needs to be built.

    Making the world better, one truck at a time.

Share This Page