I can understand those reasoning's Scott.
I have time off and I'm close to the trail so my plans are still penciled in.
I hate it for you that you had to postpone your trip Scott. But life happens. Happened to me too. I was looking forward to making this too the very first time you mentioned it on here. But a recent job change combined with other projects this year left me realizing there was no way I was making it for 2019.2020 also has a better ring to it
Based on what I've been hearing, there probably would be quite a bit of snow on the Rubicon if we'd continued with the early June 2019 plans.
I am planning on going with a group in August or September. My buddies are going in Sept but they are going at the same time as the Marlin Crawler event so the place will be packed. Id rather go in August and during the week to avoid the crowds especially since my pig is big and it will take time to squeeze it through there without body damage.