CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Rubicon June 2020 (not 2019)

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is still quite a bit but it’s been melting really fast. Within ten days the snow at loon went from the rooftop of the bathrooms to nearly nothing.
Did you see how much it dumped last night?
Snow was down to nyack.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Well we had to drive through it with the big rig, not fun
I was just thinking the other day I hadn't seen you post in a while. Glad you're back - or was it my imagination you hadn't posted in a while.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking the other day I hadn't seen you post in a while. Glad you're back - or was it my imagination you hadn't posted in a while.
J have been busy with work.
I blew my radiator on the big rig so I am home for the week till the radiator gets here.

Esteban86K5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
@mrk5 Anymore thought about this trip for 2020?
I went in August this year and it was great weather. it just started getting chilly at night so the bugs weren't that bad. Later in the year would be awesome as well. I'll keep an eye on this thread, if you guys decide to go later in the year like sept or oct I may be game. This is a yearly must-do trip for me from now on I hope. last time we no one in our group had a trailer and it made it nice to just continue on to the next location without having to worry about getting back to the trailers. Just a thought.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
@mrk5 Anymore thought about this trip for 2020?
We (Nicole and I) have been talking about it. It's still something we want to do, we just haven't made concrete plans yet.

I went in August this year and it was great weather. it just started getting chilly at night so the bugs weren't that bad. Later in the year would be awesome as well. I'll keep an eye on this thread, if you guys decide to go later in the year like sept or oct I may be game. This is a yearly must-do trip for me from now on I hope. last time we no one in our group had a trailer and it made it nice to just continue on to the next location without having to worry about getting back to the trailers. Just a thought.
I'm not as worried about the temperatures on the trail as I am on the drive to there from here. Hot highway driving kinda sucks. You can be decently comfortable rolling with the windows down and foot vents open but after a while you feel like you've been beat to death by a constant cacophony of noise and wind. Reminds you of why there used to be a lot more places to stop along the highways back in the day when a majority were driving without AC, not to mention the fuel mileage issue.

I would actually prefer a fall trip, it's my favorite time of year to run trails. Problem is high school football and next year is my son's senior year. Our youngest doesn't play football so next year is our last to get to watch one of our sons play. If they don't make the state tournament they play until the first or second weekend in November, and that's getting pretty late in the year for tent camping.

Russell

LLY Escalade Status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Make this an August 2021 trip and I'd be game to come with my family. I imagine I'd have a couple local wheelers join along too

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Make this an August 2021 trip and I'd be game to come with my family. I imagine I'd have a couple local wheelers join along too
I am not sure if I will have a vehicle to run on the trail this year but I should next year. This year if my schedule permits I would like to ride along

Top Bottom