Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by mrk5, Sep 13, 2017.
Hope they are clearing the Rubicon trail. It is a county road.
It's an "unmaintained county road "
That's an understatement.
It's a classification, but also seems like an understatement.
Although there was some maintenance done a few years ago but it was not the county
Friends of the Rubicon.
Not sure what they have been doing since I stopped going but I think it was them and the pirates
I emailed with a guy I know on the Rubicon Trail Foundation and he said he thought there would still be snow up there mid June but the trail would probably be passable.
Usually it's the snow drifts that cause problems.
Bring a shovel... a big one
Keep me posted! The early weekday trip works good for me
Well, after much thought and discussion, we've decided to postpone the Rubicon trip until June 2020. As I mentioned previously, we are having a house built and selling our 115 year old house we've lived in the past 18 years. We've been working on painting, wiring, and other things but looking at what still needs to be done, I'm just not going to have time to prep the crew cab for a trip like this. Plus we'll be listing the house right about the time of the trip and I just don't think we'll be able to relax and enjoy the trip like we should. Add on top of that all this uncertainty about what the snow conditions will be on the trail.
I hope we haven't inconvenienced too many of you that have been planning to go. Obviously I'm not offended if you all still make the trip this year. If you do I'm anxious to see pictures.
Honestly, postponing the trip works better for me too. I really wanted to go, but this spring is getting pretty busy.
Just thought of an added bonus. My oldest will have his drivers license by then so we can have 3 drivers to share the windshield time. Haha!
I decided last night that I was going.
I about updated this thread last night but decided to wait until this morning.
Just kidding. I will be packing for a 1/2 way across the country move.
Considering your moving plans, I would have been a little surprised if you were serious.
Well I am still a maybe.
If I can get the time to build the suburban I will go.
I might be doing a career change in the next couple of months and that's going to determine if I get the time
Like no more driving, or just different driving?
Like construction superintendent
Separate names with a comma.