Scored new seats! Now what?

Discussion in 'Interior - Stock & Custom' started by CaveBlazin, Dec 28, 2016.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

k5 seats 4.jpg Ok so I've scored some leather seats from a 2001 Chevy 2500 Silverado. They are in great condition and I am going to use them as my front seats in my 86 K5.. Anyone mounted these types of seats before? I heard several people mention to add additional bracing to the floor since they have the seat belts built in the seats. If you have done this will you post pics of how you mounted them? I'm not sure yet if I'll mount the middle jump seat I think it may get put aside for now and keep the current console I have.
    View attachment 221663 Thanks

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  2. Big Ray

Big Ray 1 ton status Premium Member

It has been done many times ...I use to have the threads bookmarked until the new format change...

I'll look for them in the next couple of days....

3. A_STAN

A_STAN Newbie Premium Member

Did you ever get these Mounted? Howd they come out? Prepping to mount some 2002 Tahoe seats....

4. CaveBlazin

I sure did and could not have asked for a better setup. These almost fit perfect in my 86 all I had to do was mock them inside then drill the holes. I did have a buddy create some anchor plates to go underneath on the body. I've got the diagram somewhere if you want to make similar plates. He used a CAD and plasma cut the steel out of the pattern I gave him.

skunked likes this.
  5. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    Does the passenger side fold forward for rear access or how do your folks get back there? I will be wanting to do something very similar in mine!!

6. CaveBlazin

The seat slides forward enough for anyone to get access to the rear. Its about the same access you have with the old tilt forward seats. This setup is almost perfect for the K5...