CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Seat swap with a headrest

Txhansen

Premium Member
Reaction score
Checking to see if anyone has recommendations on aftermarket or swap options for front seats with a headrest. While I presume anything is possible with enough time and money I’m looking for something that isn’t too hard. Seems second row buckets from a Tahoe or suburban may be a decent option as they would tilt but curious what people have actually done.

bluejim

Tiny
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used front seats out of an 02 Chevy Silverado. I did it for the shoulder belts, but they do have headrests.

Chuy84k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I put 2nd row seats from a 2008 Tahoe in mine since they tilt and fold. sorry this is the best pic that I have at the moment. also I used the 3rd row seats for my second row.

20201018_104505.jpg

Last edited:

Hosalabad

Likes to break on the first day
Premium Member
Reaction score
2000ish Tahoe fronts and a 3rd row folder for the rear. Both have belts.

ZombieK5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I put 2nd row seats from a 2008 Tahoe in mine since they tilt and fold. sorry this is the best pic that I have at the moment. also I used the 3rd row seats for my second row.

View attachment 364203
Came across this thread while researching seats. I found a NEW set of Tahoe 2nd row seats and back seat I want to get. Can you post a photo of how your are mounted to the floor (front and back mounts)

Gentleman Jimmy

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
The fold and tumble is a sweet option with those but keep in mind they don’t slide back and forth.

Chuy84k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes and no they don't slide from factory your correct gentleman jimmy but I put some universal sliding brackets underneath the seats to fix that issue. Mostly for when my 5ft wife wants to driver she can.

flatland

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mid to late 90's Silverado or Suburban seats bolt in easily enough using factory frame with a plate to level the mounting area. ( The plate reinforces a cracked floor pan also). I found a couple sets with power seats pretty cheap. These seats are comfortable, and they slide and tilt forward enough for back seat access.

bluejim

Tiny
Premium Member
Reaction score
Came across this thread while researching seats. I found a NEW set of Tahoe 2nd row seats and back seat I want to get. Can you post a photo of how your are mounted to the floor (front and back mounts)
Bolts and studs. Nothing hard at all. Just put them where I wanted and drilled some holes.

Top Bottom