Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seattle area members and wheeling spots?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 1980Kfive, Mar 19, 2017 at 7:29 PM.

1. 1980Kfive

1980Kfive Newbie Premium Member

There is a good chance I'll be moving from the mountains of Colorado to Seattle in the next year or so. I recently picked up an '88 K5 that I have been making into a moderate trail rig, but I am now not sure how far I will go with it if I move. I am more into exploring the backcrountry roads and milder trails versus hard-core rock crawling, but I am sure things will only escalate....

Anyway, I was curious about the wheeling scene in the Seattle area? Is it worthing continuing my build and bringing the rig with me?

Thank for any input.

Steve

2. fastazz81

fastazz81 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There are plenty of logging roads and trails in the mountains to just get out and explore and then there is Elbe hills and naches and few other places,so I would build it and bring it with you.

3. 1980Kfive

1980Kfive Newbie Premium Member

Thanks Fastazz. It things do turn out that way I look forward to exploring the area.

4. superbuickguy

superbuickguy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Overlanding is a thing here, so most of the stuff isn't terribly technical however, snow wheeling is also something
    [​IMG]

one thing about Elbe is they have width limits on some of the trails

this guy is cable famous (Alaska off-road warriors) but also runs a differential shop across the water from Seattle.