Seems like maybe weight loss should have its own thread???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by blowedupmotor87, Dec 29, 2015.

1. JoshHefnerX

JoshHefnerX 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    Yeah, I swam 3 years in high school. Water was like swimming in acid. Didn't make me feel better it may be sterilized pee, but it's still pee none the less.. lol

TuckerK5 and noJeepshere like this.
  2. TerryD

TerryD Mildly demented... Premium Member

Build(s):
    Isn't all water just sterilized pee?

3. Bent77

Bent77 Blue long beds are sexy Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Depends on which altitude you live at

TuckerK5 and GWeakland620 like this.
  4. TuckerK5

TuckerK5 Wheels down, cab up! Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Now I think about a post from a couple of months ago where @obijuank5 asked why anyone would want to live up there in all of that cold & snow and I gave a long list of reasons.

I'd like to go back and add this as number 1.

Bent77 likes this.
  5. Bent77

Build(s):
    Sooo

Weight loss

Mrs Bent informs me we are starting the Keto thing Sunday

6. GWeakland620

GWeakland620 THE CK5 Crayon Eater Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Good luck dude!

Bent77 and TuckerK5 like this.
  7. JoshHefnerX

Build(s):
    Good luck on that. Its really hard to get into true ketosis. I've never tried that hard. You basically have to cut out ALL sugars/carbs and go all fat/proteins. You really shouldn't stay in true ketosis for more than a couple of weeks before giving your body a break. But even if you don't make it to true ketosis the proteins and fats do help you feel fuller longer, so it's easier to eat less.

Bent77, GWeakland620 and TuckerK5 like this.
  8. GWeakland620

Build(s):
    260lbs for official weigh in this morning.

TerryD, TuckerK5 and Bent77 like this.
  9. wheels87k5

wheels87k5 24 Karat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Isn't he the Green Hornets' sidekick?

Oh....and official weigh-in is 232 lbs

TerryD, GWeakland620 and Bent77 like this.
  10. Bent77

Build(s):
    Still fat, still 230ish

Sugar makes me feel bad

TuckerK5 and GWeakland620 like this.
  11. wheels87k5

Build(s):
    Wow. I can almost button my pants again. Not there yet, but close.

Wednesday weigh in.....229 lbs.

12. GWeakland620

Build(s):
    Still at 260lbs.

13. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):

I was pretty close a few yrs ago.. had the magic # under 20... it's the slowly working just a bit back in that gets tough.... when you get bad again, it hits you like a ton of bricks....

contemplating losing 20.. get back to ya on that... more important i get back on the cardio bike routine.. the diet will follow....

14. wheels87k5

Build(s):
    Well, Well, Well. No, not whale, whale, whale. Even though I've been called worse.

I just went through this whole thread, and took some notes. And it is amazing how different everyone loses weight compared to others.

This thread started on Dec. 29th, 2015. I know it was to get a kick start for 2016. I'm guessing for a "New Years Resolution". Funny, I don't believe in "New Years Resolutions". But that's just me. Nothing wrong if you do believe in "Resolutions". They do work in a round about way.

However, I do believe that the person who discovers the "Will Power Pill" will become the richest person in the universe. I mean, look at what can be accomplished if we all could do what we set out to do.

Whether it be weight loss, to quit smoking, to be more loving, to be more understanding...etc. You get the picture.

So what I have observed is that it seems a lot of people who try to lose weight seem to fail in the long run. Sure, you lose a few pounds. You can fit into clothes that you haven't been able to for a long time, or you can bend over to tie your shoes without much effort. And then life goes on. Maybe you have an injury or the kids are sick. Or maybe you go on vacation or changed jobs. There's always something that interferes with trying to lose weight.

Maybe it's that damn "will power" that makes it hard to stay with our goals. I do know that I have fallen for the same excuses many times. And I also know it is very hard to kick old habits.

When I transferred to the position I am in now I weighed 205 lbs. Mostly because of the kidney stone that I had for 3 weeks. Usually I weighed about 210-215 lbs. And I really wanted to be about 160 lbs with a good muscle mass and strength. I'm only 5' 8" so I should not be above 180. Anyway, I saw this thread and thought, "What a good motivation". There were many CK5 members getting involved with trying to get healthier. This would be a good start to try and lose some weight and feel better.

I did the same thing as many of you. I started eating better. I was dropping some unwanted weight. And then..........failure. I would gain what I lost and then some.

As posted earlier.....I got on the scales on Nov. 1st 2018 and couldn't believe my eyes. Well, I could believe it, I just didn't want to accept it. I weighed the most I have ever weighed. 248 lbs. I looked in the mirror and thought, "You are one sexy dude". Ok......so I really thought, "You are one Fat _________". I'll let you fill in the blank. I was so ashamed. I had let myself go for way too long. I sat down and thought about how this could have happened. I remember that every morning I would think about what I was going to have for lunch. If I had McDonalds yesterday, then maybe I'll have Arbys today. Or maybe some Hog Wild BBQ. Or chinese. No, I'm craving some Taco Shoppe. Let me tell you......I can devour some food. That's my downfall. Like most of you, I LOVE FOOD. And I lost control.

So, on Nov. 1st I decided to do something about it. Just like all of you I decided to go on a diet and lose some weight. I'm 57 years old and I decided right then and there that if I'm going to die in the near future, I want to be in better health. If God says one day that it's time to go, I'd rather be in better shape then than I am now. I also knew that Thanksgiving and Christmas was coming up and there is always the great food that comes with it. I dropped 20 pounds right before Thanksgiving. I was on vacation that week. I didn't go nuts with the food, but I did gain 10 lbs back. Then lost it before Christmas. I was also on vacation that week. I gained the 10 lbs back. Stayed about 238 lbs until New Years.

Now I'm down to 228 lbs. The 20 lbs I lost since Nov. 1st is gone again. Mostly due to the motivation from you. Thank you.

I have noticed with this weight loss thread, during the year 2016, that there is a pause from February to May. In 2017, there was no activity in March, and then dead all the way to October. In 2018 the information stopped from April to July....then went dead again from September to the end of the year. Now don't get me wrong. There are some that have kept losing weight but didn't report every pound lost. I'm just letting you know that there were some gaps of no reporting. No big deal. Just an FYI.

I am curious how some of you have done since this started back in Dec. 2015. I have all the information from everyone that started and when they last posted their weight loss/gain but I'm not going to put the results up. If you want to know just ask and I'll post it.

For myself, whether I lose or gain, I'm going to post up the results every Wednesday. This will help me track my progress until my goal is reached.

I see the surgeon, for my shoulder, on Monday, Feb 18th. I will find out what he can/can't do to try and fix it. If he says surgery is going to happen, which I'm certain it will, then I'll have rehab for a while. That will not keep me from continuing on this quest. I will still eat healthier and at the same time be able to do some weight lifting. One way or another the weight will come off and I will get some muscle tone/mass back.

I will keep this thread alive by reporting every Wednesday, and not let any weeks go without some information.

I Thank You, and Kim Thanks You. She sees the difference just from the 20 lbs lost. I do feel some relief but I have a long ways to go.

Stay tuned. You are going to be amazed at the final results. :waytogo:

15. TuckerK5

TuckerK5 Wheels down, cab up! Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Great post Wheels.

I’ll be watching and beat of luck to you.

@ChrisAwesome really has a lot of good information on your strategy for weight loss.

Scribbles likes this.
  16. JoshHefnerX

Build(s):
    This thread is good for support and accountability.

17. GWeakland620

Build(s):
    Official weigh-in this morning was 258.6lbs.

Our weight loss comp. is done at work. I came in 3rd overall.

But now starts the hard part for me. Not a lot of people will continue to work on their weight, so I will not have as much accountability or as much outside motivation. For me I need an overall lifestyle change, and I need to keep this going. So I will be checking in here more than once a week from now on.

So how is everyone else doing?

18. JoshHefnerX

Build(s):
    Gained a bit over t-day and xmas. Got about half of it gone now. Keep at it. It's a marathon not a sprint.

TuckerK5, TerryD and GWeakland620 like this.
  19. GWeakland620

Build(s):
    This is what I have to remember. I still have a May goal of 220lbs.

And a correction, I took 2nd overall.

JoshHefnerX and TuckerK5 like this.
  20. TerryD

TerryD Mildly demented... Premium Member

Build(s):
    I gained two pounds since last weigh. 224. Probably stress eating and I haven't been walking any. Still trying....