Sold my 77, week later its for sale for twice as much...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eclipse, Oct 22, 2006.

1. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status Premium Member

Askin it don't mean he'll get it. If he does, then that's a bummer, you should've asked more!

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Ah the power of capitalisim.
    I can't count how many times I have given away or sold stuff for dirt cheap and then see it for sale.

4. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

i'm not out to screw people like that. I told him everything that was wrong with it and I asked 1500 thinking I was going to get talked down since it had a rusted cab and a 305. I only sold it cause I had to rebuild the 700r4 in my suburban.

also... I hope someone does pay 3000 for it thinking its a good driver.. the brakes need work from mud bogging it.

5. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

It's even worse when you give a great deal to a buddy and he goes and sell's it for a profit . I don't like to profit off my friends so I will give something up for what I paid for it . I have bought stuff off ebay and craigslist and quickly resold it for a little more cash .

6. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

you should call him and act like you want to buy it, and hopefully he remembers your voice. :haha:

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I wonder if many people actually showed up to look at it. By a picture, it almost could pass for a $3000 truck to some people, but if they saw the rust in person and found out it was a 305, that's a different story.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status Premium Member

If it's what the market commands, you're not screwing anyone. Well, maybe, you're actually helping the market screw people in that case, but you can alleviate a degree of personal guilt from directly screwing someone. I've been watching the same thing with the real estate market up here for the past 8 years, and the motorcycle market every spring...