CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Somebody Tried Stealing My Daily

shima

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT. My first car from when I turned 16. Pretty big bummer. I left my windows cracked a bit too much last night and I guess someone was able to get an arm in to unlock the doors. I feel like an idiot.

Bonus points for this situation is that I am an avid steering wheel lock user. I lost the primary key to my steering wheel lock and was using my spare key. It started giving me trouble (i.e. I had to fight with it to get the lock unlocked with the spare key), so I had the steering wheel lock off of it for the last week or two. A replacement steering wheel lock arrives from Amazon today!

Trying to look on the bright side... they did not successfully steal my car. And on top of that they didn't destroy the ignition too much - the car still starts. They definitely trashed it a bit though.

I don't think this is something that I can do myself... I don't know, maybe I'm wrong about that. Right now I'm thinking I'll just take it to my neighborhood shop and eat the damages. A lesson learned I suppose.

Here is a pic of the damages:

PXL_20210719_200855125.MP.jpg

Wes Harden

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Dam thief's. bet they broke all the plastic and bent the multi switch level. Can't have anything nice any more. I getting to be the GTFO my lawn old dude more and more. even thou it is dead from not watering, just don't trust strangers any more.

Top Bottom