someone broke the only ignition key to the 92 cutlass supreme

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jan 21, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

so now i have no key to the car, i dont have the car ready to sell yet until i get the replacement engine installed, in which i already have ready to go in

the key was on a ring with a few others and hanging on the side of my monitor here on a screw i screwed into the monitor shell, and within the last week and a half or so. how would you go about effectively finding out who used the key as a pry tool and snapped it off ?

someone owes me a new key to be made by a locksmith, or a new ignition lock and keys

what would you do ?

i would just swap the lock out with another i have here with key but this car has the big fat bulky late model type column and everything is different than the older that i have locks from. so..

thanks

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Look in the glove box and see if the punch out codes are in there somewhere. I don't know if that is the right name for them so let me describe. The hole in the top of the key that you would use to put it on a key ring statred off full & had a code printed on it. The 1st owner would knock that out and a lot of them save it. Its got the code printed on it so that a locksmith can make a new key.

3. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Go to a dealer, most times they can make keys for a car if you just bring them the VIN number. You will also have to prove you own the car. Some dealers won't charge for this, or only charge a couple of bucks to have them made.