Steel bracket on slidier window to mount locking mechanism for 89K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PROFESSORSK5, Oct 16, 2002.

1. PROFESSORSK5

PROFESSORSK5 Registered Member

I am looking for the little u shaped bracket that glues to the slider on the drivers side. The only thing I have been able to find is the complete window with the piece glued on for $150. The dealer has only the latch not the bracket. So if anyone has any ideas or a solution to this problem please let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I'd start checking junkyards. I'll dig through all my junk tomorrow and see if I have one. I always save little crap like that when I get broken ones in cause you normally can't buy that stuff new.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you still have the passenger side bracket why not just make another one like it for the driver side? I think it is only a piece of sheet metal and nothing too hard to make.

4. PROFESSORSK5

Since I haven't heard back from you I am figuring that you don't have that clip in you spare parts. So I am going to contact a friend who has sharp drills and a complete tap set and try to fabricate one. Thanks anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. PROFESSORSK5

I am going to take your suggestion and try to fabricate one using the passenge side as a guide. Thank you for the help /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Thats the only alternative that I'm aware of. I have been told by chevy and a glass shop that that is sold as one peice (gass and rail ) I need a few made too! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif