Swapping t-cases

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by walt88, Nov 5, 2001.

  1. walt88

    walt88 1/2 ton status

    May 24, 2000
    Likes Received:
    Monmouth County, NJ
    I have a 205 availible for $25 that came out from a Sm465 (The guys says it came from a manual tranny. SM465 i guess.). I currently have a 208. What options do I have to do the 205. Adapter to 700 or is it not worth it? What is your opinions.

    350FI/700r4/NP208c/10b's ORD 4" Shackle Flip/ORD Disconnects
  2. CaptCrunch

    CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

    Feb 2, 2001
    Likes Received:
    I have been pondering the same thing... basically from what I have learned in different archives and on the Pirate board post on this topic is the following...

    Replace the tailshaft in the 700 to a special one that matches your 205. I have heard they are about $160 or so for the shaft alone. Then you can hook it up using an adapter for a th350 trans.

    Otherwise AA makes an adapter of some sorts. Have no clue how it all works or what is involved in installing it, but they run like 500 or 600 bucks. Again use an adapter from a th350 setup.

    This is just what I have heard... overall it seems to be a lot of $$$ [​IMG]

    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

Share This Page