Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tech: if i switch my primary master over to primary slave...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Aug 9, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

will i still be able to view my documents folders and icons and jpg's and downloaded programs and such that i have saved in the OS partition-(of the current primary master- soon to be primary slave)?

if not then how do i make it so that i can, so that i can put the OS onto this other harddrive that i have that i want to be my primary master since it is way bigger than my current master hard drive- in which my OS is on,

i cant connect a third HDD to my board, all the cables i have only allow two

how do i connect a third drive to my IDE ?

thanks

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you can view all the files you like. Just doesn't look to it for O/S. My Secondary master was an old harddrive I used that still had windows on it. Until recently anyway.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

awesome

good to know :D sounds liek i will be installing OS onto the bigger drive tonight and setting it as my new primary master

there is no way to transfer the OS and all files from the master over to another HDD(to be set as new master) on the same system.. is there ??!

or ?

enlighten me if there is,.., cuz i have no idea,.

thanks!

4. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

If you switch it to your secondary and install windows on a new hard drive you can still view your old from my computer. As for transfering your files and windows over to the new hard drive, you will need to get this program called norton ghost which allows you to "clone" the old hard drive to the new one. So all your files and windows is copied over and will boot up. Program is here : http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Having a clean install would be nice though

make sure you set the jumpers properly