CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Zero interest in losing a gear and HP to the slushee maker

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
My old cummins powered ford had a ZF5-42 and was regeared with some gas engine stuff and then had a Gear Vendor. You could split all gears but fourth. Sucky though it was only in 2wd.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
More like 1950s technology problems

Would also be nice if the PF4 would run transmission control
I've actually been questioning that a little. I would only be behind the EFI controlling the trans if they give you a decent amount of ability to tweak things. My concern would be that they will limit what you can do with the transmission. Maybe that's because I've been spoiled by the stand alone controller I have in the crew cab, but I'd have a hard time giving it up now. I also wonder if the cost of the module for the EFI would be a lot cheaper than a stand alone unit.

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The Holley Terminator X can do trans control pretty well and it only adds ~$300 to the cost. Handheld is easy, or full programmability with a laptop.

However, since Edelbrock owns FAST as well, and TCI, I would think they could add the trans control, haven't heard if they will or not. Its the next logical step for them.

sweetk30

I build stuff
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Only thing i thing gm goofed on was th400 and 4L80 didnt get a lower gear set sine there pulling more loads . . Otherwise i like the pair as transmissions .

I have see. Lowergear packs for them . . But $$$ .

Top Bottom