CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I change my previous suggestion though.... :thinking:

8.1/Allison might be better. Lol.

But seriously, BB is the answer to all things truck :thumb:
8.1 good, Allison bad. Well in this application at least. They don't fit under a square without a huge body lift or major floor pan mods. Then it's integrating the controls for the Allison to work.

Plus the torque management that the Allison throws into the mix is a pain to tune out unlike the manual or 4L80e equipped 8.1's.

Oh and it's still a slushbox. Kidding aside, the strength of the Allison does not outweigh the crap that comes with putting it in a square.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
8.1 good, Allison bad. Well in this application at least. They don't fit under a square without a huge body lift or major floor pan mods. Then it's integrating the controls for the Allison to work.

Plus the torque management that the Allison throws into the mix is a pain to tune out unlike the manual or 4L80e equipped 8.1's.

Oh and it's still a slushbox. Kidding aside, the strength of the Allison does not outweigh the crap that comes with putting it in a square.
I just always heard that they always seem to be in the right gear lol.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I just always heard that they always seem to be in the right gear lol.
They usually are. But they do rob more HP than a 4L80e or nv4500. For all the issues, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to put one in.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yes, but I’ll get it through a solid tuneup, run the overhead, change the fuel filter and start over.
I’ll pull the pump off of it tomorrow
Probably pull the radiator and soak some scale remover in it

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yes, but I’ll get it through a solid tuneup, run the overhead, change the fuel filter and start over.
I’ll pull the pump off of it tomorrow
Probably pull the radiator and soak some scale remover in it
Shifting at 6500 rpm in anger letting the 3" pipes roar had nothing to do with it right?

Showing off for the Ford boys across the street again aren't ya?

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Shifting at 6500 rpm in anger letting the 3" pipes roar had nothing to do with it right?

Showing off for the Ford boys across the street again aren't ya?
Dude they brought another one home yesterday! Each one shittier looking than the last! My wife takes pictures of them now. It’s hysterical

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Are you and Zoo neighbors now?

Fix the old girl up, and turn down the boost to make it stop popping and farting.
Not quite, but Bent has joined the Pueblo contingent of CK5. He's actually a couple minutes away from Larry's place, 20 from mine.

I was over there getting boxes from him when we saw the neighbor pull in with one of the greasy ford's.

Top Bottom