Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The dreaded body mounts! (Tips included)

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by Rat_Crispy, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Rat_Crispy

Rat_Crispy Registered Member Premium Member

Build(s):
    Okay folks,
    My body mounts on my K5 were roached!! A few months ago I had to cut the core support bolts out with a torch and replaced the mounts with urathane and ever since I couldn't get the "new" front clip to line up with the "new" doors to save my life! I had a huge gap between the fenders and doors at the bottom so....
    I bought a $100 prothane kit off of amazon and went to work! Everything went smoothly except for one nut plate holder that decided to spin on me! So just behind the driver seat I cut a small hole in the floor and I welded the nut plate holder in place and then patched the floor back up. For the rear 4 body mounts I took the jack out of the trunk of my civic and set it on top of the second to last crossmember to lift the body off of the frame and it worked like a charm! For the front four I just used a chunk of 4x4 and a floor jack!

IMG_7700.JPG

Big Ray and skunked like this.
  2. Maroon_Madness94

Maroon_Madness94 Registered Member Premium Member

Build(s):
    How tall are the mounts by the core support? I'm in the process of rebuilding mine and the core support when bolted down is about an inch lower then the fenders.

3. Abusfullofnuns

Abusfullofnuns 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    The tip I need is how to get myself motivated to get started. I have gone as far as laying under the burb, but nothing more than spraying some pb blaster around. I am not looking forward to changing them, and now second guessing if I should put a 1" body lift in at the same time. I wish I hadn't bought the replacement hardware already.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    just did the 91 2wd the other day, it was laying on the frame... had to plate the frame brackets.. when I did Mutt a couple yr's ago, it was stoopid easy being a west coast rig...