CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

The future of Blazer Bash. Good news.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have said it a few times.

I can not host Blazer Bash indefinitely. With the fuel bill round trip being close to
$2,000 this year, it will be difficult to justify driving there to throw a party for friends. This does not include hotels and food.

That being said, someone needs to step up to take over Blazer Bash.

Mark and I have it stream lined and have everything in place for someone to take the reigns. Spread sheets, calendar dates for what needs to be done when. All of the contact info for the agencies involved and the processes to deal with them. The after event reports that must be filed and the early prep for the next year.

So who wants to do this? Yes, it is stressful until after the BBQ Friday night. You will sleep good that night.

DOI/BLM, SITLA and the insurance want a company involved for the permits. If someone is in Utah, they need to have a resale license for sales tax. Outside of Utah, it is not required.

The event has been paying for itself the last couple of years. Prior to that, Scott and I were adding our own funds to make it work.

Please do not tell me who you think should lead the event. Talk to them and have them contact me.

Someone needs to step up.

Thanks.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
And now PayPal is required by the feds to report the payments as income.

They are really trying to make this difficult.

From PayPal.
Arrow
If you receive over $600 in goods and services payments, we’ll automatically keep track of these payments and provide you with a 1099-K form at the end of the year. If your tax info is not complete, we’ll reach out to you with instructions.​

Chickntrk

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
If everyone checks the box that says “friends and family” when they checkout you don’t get a 1099….we’re all friends right?

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Been thinking about this. I think it shouldn't be 1 persons ordeal. Maybe 3 or 5.

1 possibility to make Blazer Bash a non profit club, and elect club officers. It would part of the officers responsibility to see Blazer Bash gets put on. Volunteers would of course be encouraged to help.
2 we define the tasks and divide then have people volunteer for tasks they are willing to do.

I for one would volunteer to help put on Blazer Bash, I don't think I could do the whole thing myself, Wade and predecessor have big shoes to fill

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about this. I think it shouldn't be 1 persons ordeal. Maybe 3 or 5.

1 possibility to make Blazer Bash a non profit club, This is what Scott tried to do. To be a non profit club requires a bunch of documnetation and proof at the end of the year. Monthly meetings. Minutes from the meetings and Board Minutes. Must be approved through the IRS as a non profit club. Since we only put on one event a year, it does not fit most of the requirements. and elect club officers. It would part of the officers responsibility to see Blazer Bash gets put on. Volunteers would of course be encouraged to help.
2 we define the tasks and divide then have people volunteer for tasks they are willing to do.

I for one would volunteer to help put on Blazer Bash, I don't think I could do the whole thing myself, Wade and predecessor have big shoes to fill I do not do it by myself. Mark @Bent77 is instrumental in getting all of the registration and shirt orders in line. Becky @beek, Marks sister, organizes the shirts Thursday night until late hours. Last year she had help and it still took a while. Amber sets up the raffle table every year. Multiple people are responsible for bringing in donations for the raffle. Steve @fastazz81 has done registration with Mark during the BBQ the last couple of years. ORD @Stephen obviously with hosting the BBQ every year. Marc @Desert_K5 for making the t-shirts cheaper than we can get them anywhere else. And all of the trail leaders who heard the cats around the trails. If one of these things were to fail, the event would suck.
Scott @mrk5 has stepped up to help Mark with the spread sheets and trail registrations this year.

My biggest problem is quantifying a reason to spend the fuel to get there from east Tennessee. When I took this over, we did not have ay plans to move. But life changes.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I would be willing to help out as a group.
Problem is, that group needs to be organized and inplace to learn how to do it this year

And the helper/help needs to be involved in Wade’s end. Between Scott and I, the stuff on paper is pretty well laid out and flowing

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Problem is, that group needs to be organized and inplace to learn how to do it this year

And the helper/help needs to be involved in Wade’s end. Between Scott and I, the stuff on paper is pretty well laid out and flowing
I will be in Moab Thursday and leaving Monday. We could also create a zoom call with a team.

Chickntrk

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
My gf and I would be willing to help in any way that we can, we are in PA but if there is computer work that needs to be done my gf said she is on board to do any of that (accountant for a living). I’m new here and this will be our first BB so pardon me if this is an unheard of suggestion but what about 2 events per year, a Moab and a Tennesseeish area one….like I said if it’s completely off the wall I apologize (someome can kick me in the nuts)..

Last edited:

ktmoutfront

You are an idiot. Whoever you are
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
My gf and I would be willing to help in any way that we can, we are in PA but if there is computer work that needs to be done my gf said she is on board to do any of that (accountant for a living). I’m new here and this will be our first BB so pardon me if this is an unheard of suggestion but what about 2 events per year, a Moab and a Tennesseeish area one….like I said if it’s completely off the wall I apologize (someome can kick me in the nuts)..
how-about-drive-my-foot.gif

Just kidding.

Fullsize takeover puts on events on the east coast.

doubletrouble

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
What if enough people help at the event this year so you don’t have to spend the money to drive out? I would definitely rather you be there in person but I also understand the cost for you to travel. Would that help take some stress off your plate? I honestly think if it weren’t for Wade that the last two BB’ s would not have happened, he’s just ornery enough and doesn’t like to be told no that he made it happen. I’d be willing to help out that weekend. We could put up a tv at the BBQ and have Wade join us that way.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
What if enough people help at the event this year so you don’t have to spend the money to drive out? I would definitely rather you be there in person but I also understand the cost for you to travel. Would that help take some stress off your plate? I honestly think if it weren’t for Wade that the last two BB’ s would not have happened, he’s just ornery enough and doesn’t like to be told no that he made it happen. I’d be willing to help out that weekend. We could put up a tv at the BBQ and have Wade join us that way.
Go fund me for Wade? I would pitch in to make him come out.

ktmoutfront

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The permits and insurance require the promoter to be on site all weekend.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
If anyone wants to pitch in extra funds for Wade's fuel, that would a perfect time to use the "send money to friends/family" feature on PayPal.

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
That should be built into the fee for Blazer Bash, if the promoter has to be there his travel should be covered or at least a reasonable amount of it. Also that would be a bonus for anyone that wants to take on the task of running the event.

ktmoutfront

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
It is not only the fuel cost. It is the hassle of putting it together remotely and the time it takes to get there and back.

Mark is kind of over managing the registration and IG stuff.

We said we would do it for 5 years. We are beyond that.

This year, I will be truckless. Too much of a hassle to drag the jimmy that far for 3 days of wheeling. And I can make it in 2 days each way instead of 3. Saves another night of hotels each way.

If half of the work I have written up in the last 2 weeks gets approved, I will be screwed getting the time to go.

Top Bottom