CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

The future of Blazer Bash. Good news.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So we have an admission. Now we just need an officiant

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Dearly beloved

We are gathered here today for the union of Po and Gnome, who met awkwardly at the BBQ just last year…

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Very presumptuous of you to assume the genders

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
How much we enjoy Blazerbash

fastazz81

Show me the envelope
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Very presumptuous of you to assume the genders
Well the gnome has a beard , pretty sure po is part of that non binary deal, so figured po fit that part , I’m not well versed in all that lgbtq stuff.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Back on topic and lets try to keep it that way.

Just received this from Grand County. I asked if we will be required to collect sales tax.

"So, yes. You will need a temporary sales tax license and will need to collect sales tax on anything sold including admissions/participation fees. Moab sales tax rate is 8.85%"

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone needs to quit trying to find a work around. This portion of the forum is open to the public. I know DOI/BLM and SITLA each have a guest account. I am sure that Grand county does or will soon.

If anything is done that violates the county ordinances, I personally am responsible and will be fined.

The only work around is to take our funds and go elsewhere. Which appears to be what they want. Too late this year unless we just cut our losses and not have it. I am still trying to make this years event happen.

Chickntrk

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey the way I look at it I pay sales tax to do anything I do here at home so it’s all part of the price to pay to play, PA gets 6% from me on anything I do here so I’m okay with paying it there

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
The issue is the late ask after we have set the prices. They have now added the original $775 for the permit, $??? for the business license, now 8.85% of all sales. Trails and t-shirts. With the Paypal fees on the additional fees over the original costs, we will be looking at a $24 administration fee for any order except mailed t-shirts. We are trying to figure out what it will really be.

We will not know our true costs as everything is being revamped in Grand county for this process. We are in limbo. So I am trying to figure out how to cover my ass on the cost. The first 2 years I did this I had to add money to make it work. It has been paying for itself the last ? years. Too tired to remember how long.

So, just as we get it cruising along, BAM. More stuff to deal with.

Top Bottom