CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

The future of Blazer Bash. Good news.

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
@Blazer Bash any idea how EJS is dealing with this? (I have no idea what their even costs) Any luck talking with Jerrod Jones (FSI)?

fourwheelerjeff

Jeff's Offroad Emporium
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone needs to quit trying to find a work around. This portion of the forum is open to the public. I know DOI/BLM and SITLA each have a guest account. I am sure that Grand county does or will soon.

If anything is done that violates the county ordinances, I personally am responsible and will be fined.

The only work around is to take our funds and go elsewhere. Which appears to be what they want. Too late this year unless we just cut our losses and not have it. I am still trying to make this years event happen.

I understand what you are saying and agree with you. no one should want you to be held accountable for someone else's screw up.

but by the same token, if any of those entities are on this forum they should have the wherewithal to step up and acknowledge that. they should understand that flying by the seat of your pants and changing rules and regulations puts a hardship on you and the event. another thing, if this event has been scheduled before all the changes proper government procedures should have the event grandfathered in and not expect you or the event to jump through hoops at the last minute to meet their changing demands.

I, for one, appreciate what you are doing and applaud you for trying your best to make sure it still happens.

if there are any of those entities on this forum, make yourself known. communication is always the best course of action to come to an agreement. not lurking in the shadows.

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I agree at this point after this September, I will have nothing what so ever to do with Grand County, my disposalabe travel income will be spent elsewhere.

Cucv_M1008

Cthulhu Forever
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey the way I look at it I pay sales tax to do anything I do here at home so it’s all part of the price to pay to play, PA gets 6% from me on anything I do here so I’m okay with paying it there
Oregon does not have sales tax I'm not used to it lol

ktmoutfront

You are an idiot. Whoever you are
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Full size invasion has a full time business renting and guiding tours, so they are already covered. EJS is so massive and is ran as a business for profit, so they will just pass it on next year. This is all so new, I doubt EJS dealt with it this year.

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I never knew FSI was like that, I figured it was just a yearly event similar to BB.

BoondocK5

Chevrolet Bone Collector
Premium Member
Author
Reaction score
I have been staying out of the conversation for that reason of them watching.

Just like they are wanting, I'll pay what ever to hang out with my friends and wheel for a weekend.
I probably won't have truck done in time, this year. But, I can still buy a t-shirt.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also want to clarify.

We have not had any issues the DOI/BLM. They have been easy to work with and are pro offroad in that office. They have given us a permit until 2032.
Same for the Utah School and State Lands (SITLA) office.
We have a good reputation with both. I can call and ask questions anytime I need clarification.

It is Grand County that I have issues with now. Probably would not be so bad if we had been notified when the ordinances were legalized to extort us for money. They have litterally doubled the government fees required to run the event. A little more than Old City Park fee, DOI/BLM permit and SITLA combined. Then add on insurance and it is now out of hand.

I will probably cost each participant $24 more. So spread out it is not that big of a deal. We are looking at adding an administrative fee for the grand county fees because it is a fixed cost. that needs to be spread out between everyone. If not enough people sign up, I am screwed for the additional payment amount. Sales tax will be added to any sales in PayPal.

My wife was not happy to hear about this. More book keeping on here end.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Also be aware that pretty much any public land where you want to hold an event is going to have a permitting process. For example our local club got in hot water with the forest service because we wanted to do a poker run on some of the local trails. We had to cancel the event because we didn't apply for a permit to do it.

Top Bottom