CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

TMI Interior!

Gentleman Jimmy

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
You bet. If you’re up for it, you should contact them and tell them you’re interested...but you heard about the issue with the 89-91 visors. They actually called me today and wanted to return the stock visors I sent to them for R/D to compare with the ones they were marketing for the 89-91 model years. Basically told me you’re right these won’t work but we’ll be happy to refund you.

I convinced them to have their techs look at them to see what it would take to make it work. She said she would follow up in a couple days so hopefully they can make something work because I broke my stock visors getting the rods out in preparation for the TMI’s. I will update when I hear back... I think I’d better start looking for another set of visors to re-upholster in the meantime

Gentleman Jimmy

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Well no go on the 89-91 visors with TMI. They are not going to be producing them but are now aware of the issue and have updated their marketing and sales teams.

They offered full refund and to ship my stock visors back. I have seen some people reupholster the 89-91 visors and they’re a pain in the butt... plus mine are broke from pulling the rods out, so I found some visor rods in an older square at the junkyard yesterday and just asked TMI to send everything back and will just run the older style visors and be done with it.

frankin5

Super Mall Crawler
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watch this U tube video and have fun. I am getting ready to recover the ones I have. The 89-91 lighted mirror is similer to the late model Silverado in construction .

frankin5

Super Mall Crawler
Premium Member
Reaction score
Somethings to add to sun visor R&R. The lighted mirror is held in with 2 screws under each clear lens. The slider has to re released with a thin piece of metal or a steel ruler. It is just a piece if plastic the slides over a locking piece on the up side of visor. Working on removing the pin that retains the plastic piece opposite the hinge,

Top Bottom