CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

type of 4 link for front

rearsteer70k5

Registered Member
Reaction score
im building a 4 link for my truck. im going to do a triangulated 4 link in the rear. would this work in the front or should i go with the standard type 4 link front. any advantages or disadvantages with going triangulated.

Thanks rick

willyswanter

1/2 ton status
- In Memoriam -
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Full hydro steering? If not then don't run a triangulated 4 link front. If you do your front axle will move straight up and down while your draglink creates bump steer. Run a 3 or 4 link with panhard bar and keep the panhard at the same angle and length as the draglink.

If it is full hydro then go triangulated as long as you have no clearance issues in the front with items such as driveshafts, crossmembers, oil pans, etc.

Triaged

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
if you are going to go full hydro steering go with a triangulated 4-link. If you are going to keep that pesky drag-link use a 3-link with a Panhard bar. A 4-link plus a Panhard bar won't flex!(it turns the axle tube into a really thick swaybar /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif).

rearsteer70k5

Registered Member
Reaction score
i am going with full hydralic steering. thanks for all the anwser and one more question??? where can i find 1 1/4" heim joints. Thank you rick

Top Bottom