CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

U-Joint questions

fjleiter

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
sorry for the stupid post... In desperate need of new U-joints for the rear driveshaft on my "new" '90 Blazer, stock axles (ie: 10 bolt with 3.73's) and local parts store list 4 different types. Anyone know what the exact part number is as well as a decent brand inexpensive brand
(read...not "cheap junk" but don't really need 30 dollar ones either)

Thanks in advance...

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
2-3011 is the Neapco part number for your u joints.

If it is a daily driver, I'd go greasable.

Greasable through the cap is easier than through the cross.

$7-13 is the selling price for this u joint.

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
When you buy one get two. Put the extra joint in the truck for when you break one. May or may not happen depending on how you drive. I think its better safe than sorry /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

fjleiter

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
all I could find listed in the little catalog they gave me are 2-3011 Neapco Standard $9 , 2-3011 Neapco Brute force $14. Only greasable one they show is a 2-3010 (greasable through bearing) for $14? any suggestions? Will the 2-3010 fit? (made by PDQ)

Thanks for the quick responses, was planning on swapping them tomm until we got 14" of snow dumped on us today and it's still snowing. Figures, no snow for like a month till I need to climb under the truck, guess it's time to clean out my garage.... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
You're obviously buying U joints at Autozone, because PDQ is just a Neapco joint, as is Brute Force. They're just reboxed versions of the same joint.

2-3011 = greasable through cross
2-3011BF = non greasable
2-3010 = greasable through cap (may have to be ordered if they dont have it in stock

ford_assassin

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
You're obviously buying U joints at Autozone, because PDQ is just a Neapco joint, as is Brute Force. They're just reboxed versions of the same joint.

2-3011 = greasable through cross
2-3011BF = non greasable
2-3010 = greasable through cap (may have to be ordered if they dont have it in stock

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the AutoZone part number for the 1310 U-joints?

Are the "Brute Force" units really 'that' good as in strength? I already have them in the rear, so far so good. I was considering using them on my drag car that has 1310 u-joints.

Top Bottom