Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Update on 12 1/4" travel Gabriels in stock mounts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Emmettology 101, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Update on 12 1/4\" travel Gabriels in stock mounts

Well I flexed it up a week or so ago and walked around it and looked at the mounts. THe rear was fine since the gabs were almost identical length to the Es3000's that were already on it.
    The fronts need to have the mounts moved a little. When the suspension compressed, the shock totally compressed and limited up travel and flex. I will be making new mounts and extending them up a few inches to increase flex and up travel. However, I dont want to extend them too far up because that would limit downward travel. I feel about 2 inches should do it, but I will be removing the shock and measuring the collapsed length first so I get a correct extended tower length.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Re: Update on 12 1/4\" travel Gabriels in stock mounts

This is on the stock mounts? with how much lift?

3. Emmettology 101

Stock mounts with 6" Superlift Superrides.... I was just going to leave it go, but the front limited upward travel is pulling a rear tire too soon. So if I extend the shock mount up a little, I should gain a little more rear downward travel!

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

What kind of shock mount were you thinking of using? I've got the same lift and am interested in your results.

5. Emmettology 101

I was going to use a 2.250"X 2.250" x 3/16"wall square tubing and make my own mounts(or soemthing similar).... I dotn want to extend them too much and loose downtravel... The Blazer still worked great set-up like it is, but I noticed the rear pulled off the ground a little too soon.

The rears are stock springs with a thick add-a-leaf(yuk) and a 4" block... I have F150 springs I will be swapping in one day...