CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Upper Radiator hose

White1972k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good morning,

I recently purchased an upper radiator hose from brothers for my 72 K5f with the 350 SBC. Unfortunately those require some metal tubing that I no longer have.

Has anyone found other years or makes that fits these trucks. I am seeing a lot of pictures online with molded hoses so I’m sure they exist just can’t seem to find the right part number. Currently I have a flex line that is way too long and looks ridiculous.

Someone posted in another forum that maybe the 73-74 stock hose would work. Thoughts?

White1972k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I will give that one a try. They are all listed as one piece and I have gotten 2 or 3 already that don’t fit. Anyone have any first-hand experience with this issue?

BobK

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
An idea to replace that tube...I got a scrap piece of 1"3/4" aluminized exhaust tubing from my local muffler shop and added a couple beads with my welder.
I did this back in 2004. It's never leaked.

2v36BiGdx2pvgi.jpg

2v36BmEqx2pvgi.jpg

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have seen several versions in the aftermarket. Speedway Motors has a bunch, probably other places too. There are straight ones and some with different bends in them. Lots of aluminum ones available, from what a remember.

Top Bottom