Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.


Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jasonkh2tg, Jan 1, 2004.

  1. jasonkh2tg

    jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

    Mar 27, 2003
    Likes Received:
    Did a search and nothing specfic to my ?.....I have a GMPP vortec 350 in my truck...I also have a buddy who has a rolled 97 GMC 3/4 ton in the impound lot after he rolled the truck on his 3rd DWI....he said if I pay the impound lot I can have the truck...enof story telling....

    I was wondering if I can use the EFI set and intake on my 350HO vortec engine...has anyone done this before is there a lot of wiring involved ?....I run a carb now, but GM EFI would be great without having to spend $$$$$ for aftermarket...

  2. Thunder

    Thunder 3/4 ton status

    Jul 20, 2000
    Likes Received:
    Northeast Nevada
    Yes it would involve a lot of wireing and reprograming the computer to run a 350 HO. Swapping late model OBD2 FI to an older vehicle is a difficult job at best. Everything has to be set up just like the donor trucks systems or it probabally wont work and throw all kinds of trouble codes.
    The easist way would be to install the donor trucks engine,trans,wireing harrness,exhaust, sensors VSS ect, ect, in your rig and go from there.
    Unless you understand FI and are good with computers, electronics, wireing and such. I would not attempt it.
    If the guy gave you the truck. Part it out. Then use the money you make to buy an aftermarket FI system. That would be the easist and save you many headaches.

Share This Page