CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Wade's old timer back to bitching thread.

ktmoutfront

You are an idiot. Whoever you are
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The only fix according to 2 different doctors is, cut that section out and reattach the stomach. It will have to get a lot worse before I do that.

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
My brother has this hiatle hernia, he mostly has an acid reflux problem, sleeps slightly elevated.
I get acid reflux every so often, mine seems to related to some Italian sausage spices. So far couple of tums will fix me up.

ktmoutfront

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ordered a set of 3/8"-16 4 flute taps from Home Depot online. Got them today. Need one tomorrow morning as mine last one is done.

PXL_20220427_205027798.jpg PXL_20220427_205040853.jpg

They told me to keep them. Correct ones are going out tonight. But I need 1 in the AM. So I guess I need to make the trip to buy one.

And when will I ever use 5/8 fine thread taps?

Last edited:

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
3rd night in a row, waking up around 1:30am and not going back to sleep. 3 hours of sleep is not enough.
I had that for a while, I tried changing my sleeping time, didn't make a difference.
But then I stopped eating bread for a couple of weeks and I was sleeping 5-6hours straight after the first week.
That more than I have had in more than 14 years.
I went back to eating bread but not as much, when I do, it messes me up for a couple of days.
I could do without but I really love bread so I alternate.
So I get good sleep 3-4 days a week which is fine by me

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Yes I gave up bread for awhile, is so hard to do. My hands didn't hurt as much, joints weren't as swollen. Didn't effect my sleeping. I am a good sleeper sometime to good.
When I do eat bread now try to eat bread made from Sprouted wheat. Seems The farming industry started havesting the wheat before it sprouted, so the mills now grind the husk and all. Does it make a difference, idk, but seems like a lot of people have bread allergies now.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
@ktmoutfront maybe you need to look into some other sleep patterns.

I've been seeing a lot about biphasic sleep where you sleep until the middle of the night, get up and do something non stressful like reading for 30 minutes to an hour, and then sleep again. A lot of historians think this is how people commonly slept in the pre-industrial society.

There's even polyphasic sleep:

Polyphasic sleep​

Polyphasic sleepers can rest 4 to 6 times during a day. These sleep combinations are broken down into categories including:

• Everyman: A long sleep time of around 3 hours with approximately three 20-minute naps throughout the day.
  • Uberman: Only 3 hours of sleep per day in the form of six 30 minute naps throughout the day.
  • Dymaxion: Only 2 hours of sleep per day, in the form of 30 minute naps every 6 hours.

ktmoutfront

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
My problem at night is that a get a 3 hour nap, and go full awake. Then my engineering brain starts designing stuff that I have nothing to do with. I can not seem to be able to shut that down.

Shoulders having 24/7 pain does not help. I wake up in more pain at night than I have during the day. I need to get in to see what is up with them.

Last night was 3 Advil, a unisom and 4 zquill melatonin gummies. Got me 3 hours.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I gave up bread for awhile, is so hard to do. My hands didn't hurt as much, joints weren't as swollen. Didn't effect my sleeping. I am a good sleeper sometime to good.
When I do eat bread now try to eat bread made from Sprouted wheat. Seems The farming industry started havesting the wheat before it sprouted, so the mills now grind the husk and all. Does it make a difference, idk, but seems like a lot of people have bread allergies now.
Sprouted wheat is a lot better but also old fashioned leavened bread is better.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
My problem at night is that a get a 3 hour nap, and go full awake. Then my engineering brain starts designing stuff that I have nothing to do with. I can not seem to be able to shut that down.

Shoulders having 24/7 pain does not help. I wake up in more pain at night than I have during the day. I need to get in to see what is up with them.

Last night was 3 Advil, a unisom and 4 zquill melatonin gummies. Got me 3 hours.
Ok if your brain is working and keeping you awake, you could be deficient in B2, that's what calms the mind.
You get it in nutritional yeast.
I am not sure if I have said it here before, I might have

ktmoutfront

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I posted a picture in the office thread from inside of a skid steer yesterday. It was a brutal 2 days of work.
A friend had been trying, for 10 months, to get a landscaper to do final grade and seed his property after his house was built. He had 140 10 yard piles of top soil to spread around the house, driveways, sidewalks and his shop. A lot of intricate fine work. He asked if I would help as he new that I have a couple thousand of house running equipment under my belt.

I forgot how much a skidder beats you up. Thursday was spent moving the bulk of the material and fine grading. Another friend brought his MF tractor with a bucket and home made blade. The blade was useless and the tractor was so slow, it was always in my way.

Friday started with running the Harley rake. Never used one before. Asked the owner of the rental yard what the trick was. "No idea. Never used one", he said. So that took a little while to figure out. Then one Hydraulic hose broke. He brought another one out and I swapped it. I had no idea that creating dust was a lanscaping thing. That harley rake sucked, but it did its job.

Blow the straw ove r the seed that they were spreading behind me was more work than any of us thought. I was feeding the blower, on the trailer. After 20 bales fed, we went to get more from the other trailer. I was not feeling well all of a sudden. Sat down in the trailer. Almost needed to puke. We stopped at the other trailer and I yelled at Jerry to get me some water. I could not get up. Dumping water over me head brought me back enough to get into the shade in the garage with the fan blowing on me.

We had powered through lunch so we could get the whole thing finished. That was a mistake. Crackers and deli meats were brought out by his wife. Then Jerry passed out in his chair. We doused him with water and got him drink a little water. Took about a half an hour to get back to working mode.

The oldest guy there, Wally, in his 70s, was driving the truck in the AC. So he fed the blower for the last 30 minutes or so. It really beat Jerry and me up after 2 days of labor.

We are not young men any longer.

I was so tired when I got home at 6:30 last night, I showered and sat in my recliner until 10pm. Then went to bed in pain.

So sore this morning. I drove to O'Reilly's this morning to exchange a gasket set for the Cadillac and get an idler pully for the Fugly Duckling. I was confused because the guy kept saying I bought the about set a week ago. I kept telling him no. It was bought months ago. I was getting a little irritated. Just let him do his thing and left. Then I realized that the Cadillac owner had picked it up for the oil leak change.

I am not fully with it today. So tired. I was invited to go to 5 car shows this weekend. Not doing any of them. Each person has called to check what is going on. I am staying home the rest of the weekend.

76zimmer

Flyin Rat
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Man, I always keep gatorade or similar close by when its hot out like that….keep pushing them through you with just as much water! Make sure you’re pissing once an hour!
Ive had shoulder injections to alleviate my issues, works quite well, check into that!
And you’re right we aint youngins anymore, pace yourself!

500$k5

wallet under gas pedal
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've had heat stroke before. That is no fun at all. Woke up lying on the concrete, with a knot on my head, and people staring down at me and pouring water on my head. I still can't stand in the sun too long, and that was 25 years ago. Take care of yourself!!

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Wade I normally take a day to read, float in pool, or ? after 1/2 of what you did on a project before the next one.

Enjoy the day off, I hope the pain is manageable. relax have some fluids.......:waytogo:

ktmoutfront

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
In the shop cutting and welding today. I leave in 4 weeks for the Hot Rod Power Tour. No down time now. It is cooler today and I am stopping frequently. The death wheel grinder seems heavy today.

Top Bottom