CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

WA Washington to the MidWest and back

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
 Premium
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I don't have any dates set yet but looking at planning the next trip out to visit family before the snow starts flying. I have a 1 ton dually and a deck over hydraulic tilt deck trailer with winch to move stuff efficiently. With current fuel prices, expect $1.50/mi for a full trailer.

20220629_091209.jpg

20220702_192008.jpg

20220705_140154.jpg

20220707_082413.jpg

shima

1/2 ton status
 Premium
Reaction score
Tempted to tell you to load up that '79 for me... lol

USSkoval

Thornbirds look cool... Yeah, I said it
 Premium
Reaction score
Side note, I see you have the same trailer as me. Has PJ incorporated any kind of front deck latch yet? Mine is much older and at that time, everything strapped to the deck was relying on two flimsy hinges to hold it down. I drilled holes through the front rails so pins could be installed.

kennyw

Premium
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Side note, I see you have the same trailer as me. Has PJ incorporated any kind of front deck latch yet? Mine is much older and at that time, everything strapped to the deck was relying on two flimsy hinges to hold it down. I drilled holes through the front rails so pins could be installed.
No latch, salesman said they originally had a latch but too many people would raise the deck without releasing it and break stuff.

USSkoval

Thornbirds look cool... Yeah, I said it
 Premium
Reaction score
No latch, salesman said they originally had a latch but too many people would raise the deck without releasing it and break stuff.
Interesting. Mine is an '11, no latch. Mine also has had the main crossmembers rust out and the hinges rust apart. It's all been replaced and beefed up though. You probably don't have to worry about that too much. However, I would recommend drilling drain holes into the taillight bar and the side rails of the deck. And maybe spray inside them with oil from time to time.

kennyw

Premium
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Starting to form a more firm plan. I need to haul an El Camino to my FIL in Kokomo, IN. That will take up most of the trailer on the way out. The bed will be open and a little extra room on the trailer. Empty on the way home at this point.

I will take either I80, I90, or I94 across the plain states and visiting family near I80 in Illinois on the trip. Right now heading out the week before Thanksgiving and heading back the week after Thanksgiving to avoid the busy part of holiday travel.

Screenshot_20221009-143249_Maps.jpg

dyeager535

1 ton status
 Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Man, wish I could find a tub to have you bring back.

dyeager535

1 ton status
 Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
No, but further west would be ok...I've kept looking but not a lot popping up unfortunately

Latest Posts

Top Bottom