CK5 Forums

Take a few seconds to register your free account to post topics or questions, and view exclusive content!

Western Wildfire 2021 season

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
No thanks. I'm one of those weird Texans that likes the rain because I know the faucet is about to shut off for a year and the doomsday drought people will start up again.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
No thanks. I'm one of those weird Texans that likes the rain because I know the faucet is about to shut off for a year and the doomsday drought people will start up again.
Yeah we are starting our year with very low reserves and we haven't seen rain since I think late April

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have a fire up here, over in the Sierra Madres near Encampment. Lightning. Hasn't hit Inciweb yet, saw a pic, rugged hillside with no access. 25 acres in heavy beetle kill, they are hitting it with air tankers, if they don't get it out right now its going to get real big. It shouldn't even be able to be on fire yet, there should still be melting snow there.

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Utah has been burning lots this year already. 2 fires near enough to me I can see them from my house. One started yesterday and took off. Couple hundred acres in a few hours. We are in a bad drought and it's gonna be a rough year. Currently 5 going in the state. https://utahfireinfo.gov/active-wildfires/

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
Utah has been burning lots this year already. 2 fires near enough to me I can see them from my house. One started yesterday and took off. Couple hundred acres in a few hours. We are in a bad drought and it's gonna be a rough year. Currently 5 going in the state. https://utahfireinfo.gov/active-wildfires/
You guys are in rough shape for water also. Been watching the reporting on the reservoirs, looking scary for Utah. California is screwed too.

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys are in rough shape for water also. Been watching the reporting on the reservoirs, looking scary for Utah. California is screwed too.
Yeah I've driven by 6 of my local reservoirs and they are lower than I've ever seen them. Ended last year really low and didn't get enough snow to bring them up at all this spring. My irrigation water is worth half what it normally is and I expect it to get shut off in July. Which will be really bad for pastures and hay for me. Most farmers I know around here are selling as many animals as they can to prepare for winter since hay prices are nuts also.

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was up on the mountain here all winter and the snowpack was poor. Kept hoping we would have a wet spring but that never happened. From the looks of things in the west we did better than most of the mountain ranges but it was still a real light winter. I have heard feed and hay are going up quick and the price for animals is dropping because so many ranchers need to cut their herds down.

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check out the Bear River fire near Price. Started like 1:00 pm yesterday and it's close to 2,000 acres this morning. Utah Fire Info FB page has update.

ktmoutfront

Blazer Bash presented by 3W Fabrication
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Lack of water was one of the reasons why I left California. Same for Colorado 2 years ago.

I was in an engineering industry watching water use. That was before this prolonged drought. It will only get worse.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
We have a fire up here, over in the Sierra Madres near Encampment. Lightning. Hasn't hit Inciweb yet, saw a pic, rugged hillside with no access. 25 acres in heavy beetle kill, they are hitting it with air tankers, if they don't get it out right now its going to get real big. It shouldn't even be able to be on fire yet, there should still be melting snow there.
News didnt think it’s the same fire, or getting bad info. Fire north of Steamboat just across the border. They said it started yesterday. But the area is where you described. No info in inciweb

We’ve been able to see haze for the last two nights

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
News didnt think it’s the same fire, or getting bad info. Fire north of Steamboat just across the border. They said it started yesterday. But the area is where you described. No info in inciweb

We’ve been able to see haze for the last two nights
There was some info on facebook but I don't use it. Just saw it at work from some guys. Firefighter buddy knew about it, I think they are calling it North Fork fire. They had 2 hand crews hike in to it and used a ton of bucket drops. Kept it small so far but it was spotted Sunday. There could easily be 2 fires, its way drier than it should be. We have had lightning and wind up here each evening .

Top Bottom