What kind of switch/relay do I need?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TX Mudder, Mar 10, 2002.

  1. TX Mudder

    TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

    Jul 10, 2000
    Likes Received:
    Ok, I'm a little fuzzy about what I need.
    I have installed dual tanks and an aftermarket fuel selector vave.
    I want to set it up so the same wire that triggers the fuel selector valve also switches which sending unit wire is live.
    So, I need a switch with a 12V in that if on, connects input #1 to out, and if off connects input #2 to off.
    I'm starting to think radio shack, but before I go i want to have an idea of what I need. Would have to be water resistant obviously since I'd mount it on the crossmember between the dual tanks.
    -- Mike

Share This Page