CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Wheel house replace

CharlieC

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since I had to remove my gas tank for my DIY4X Shackle Flip/suspension refresh, I’m going to tackle some sheet metal repair also. Replacing the rear floor up to where the wheel wells start.

The point in the rear part of the well where it attaches to floor is fairly rotten for both the floor and well. The wheel wells appear to just be bolt in, is it harder than it looks? I’m sure I’ll have some broken bolts/broken weld-nuts.

(If someone needs some floor repair pieces, I’ll have some pieces left over I’ll give for shipping cost. PM if you need something)

Charlie

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since I had to remove my gas tank for my DIY4X Shackle Flip/suspension refresh, I’m going to tackle some sheet metal repair also. Replacing the rear floor up to where the wheel wells start.

The point in the rear part of the well where it attaches to floor is fairly rotten for both the floor and well. The wheel wells appear to just be bolt in, is it harder than it looks? I’m sure I’ll have some broken bolts/broken weld-nuts.

(If someone needs some floor repair pieces, I’ll have some pieces left over I’ll give for shipping cost. PM if you need something)

Charlie
The hardest part for me usually is the caulking after you remove the bolts, it's almost as if they are welded.

Top Bottom