Who here has recreational property?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

My wife and I are on the verge of buying a 5 acre parcel just minutes from our favorite lake. Right now it's a 3 hour drive, but there are some opportunities within the company that might move me elsewhere which would turn the trip into a four hour drive.

How far are you guys driving to your rec properties? Keep in mind that I have a 4yr old and and 18 month old, so the days of 12 hour road trips are a thing of the past./forums/images/icons/wink.gif I'd be curious to hear about your experiences, good and bad.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

My Dad has 40 acres+/- in Snowflake, AZ. He bought it so he could retire there though. But currently there is only our little camp trailer on it, so once in a while we will drive up there and hang out for the weekend. It is only about 1/2 from Show Low, AZ where there are some nice lakes and forests. My dads property is about 3-4 hours away from PHX depending on how you drive. Maybe less now becasue they have improved the highways between the two. It just a nice place to get away, relax, and get away from the big city.

3. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

i'd love a 3 hour drive but mine is a 10+ hour excursion. i dont even leave the state. going from metro detroit up to the western up. Michigan expressways in the lower 75-85 mph, up highways 55 mph. what ya gonna do?

4. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

2hours 15 minutes to the cottage on Saginaw bay, just right/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Lot's of folk's around here drive 3-4 hour's though.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Family has 4 acres on Long Beach peninsula in Washington.........2 hour drive for a great escape. Let you drive on the beach here too..............

6. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

Amazing... my family has a little beach house on the very south end of long beach.... Love it down there! We try to head down there at least once a month- its only about a 3 hour drive max for me.

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Very cool place..............we are actually up right at Oysterville at the north end of the peninsula.

8. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

i have 400 acres for hunting and fishing. its about a one hour drive. its got river frontage 5 ponds a creek and deer on it. 4 hours isnt that bad a drive depending on how much you like it. my friend has 5000 acres of good hunting land that we drive over 3 hours to every other week in hunting season. definatly worth the drive. my land i dont really consider to be very far off.

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have 20 acres in a place called Montello Nv. Its about 2 hrs from home. About 50 miles from the middle of nowhere.
    My nearest neighbors are a grouchy old guy named Eustace, his wife,Muriel and a funny looking dog................../forums/images/icons/smile.gif