Who here pays for the "extra protection" insurance when buying something?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jakeslim, Mar 1, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Who here pays for the \"extra protection\" insurance when buying something?

I hate when I am asked if I want insurance for anything including electronics. BestBuy is the king of this BS and it is ALL easy money for them.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Re: Who here pays for the \"extra protection\" insurance when buying something?

I have use it at GoodGuys, bought 3 year warrantee it paid for itself already. So every three years I get a ne CD player! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Bill

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i guess if you buy it with "intent" to "work" your benefits, then it would be ok. But you gotta follow thru with it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I use it for certain things that I know I'm going to be hard on like my Digital Camera. $57 for a four year anything goes warrantee. If I drop it from the top of my K5, they fix it. Actually I did drop it yesterday. Bifftered the cover but it's ok for now. Small dent. I think it's worth it.

5. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

I buy it for my cell phone purchases at Best Buy, Makes upgrading once a year(or sooner)a whole lot cheaper /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Not to mention cell phones can get trashed pretty easily so for $39 I don't have to worry about it for 2 years /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):

Yeah I get it for those spendy items that might break if used. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif but not on items like my 70 dollar microwave /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [ QUOTE ]
    sir would you care to purchase out extended protection plan today for only 34.99

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i do.. only on jewelry i buy my girlfriend.. costs me 12.00 to insure hundreds of dollars and they fix/replace it no matter what happens, used it last week on her necklace.. i love the ease of showing something broken, a receipt and having it back in my hand by the time the counter lady prints the paperwork..

8. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    BestBuy is the king of this BS and it is ALL easy money for them.

[/ QUOTE ]
    But you really really need it! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I'm the guy trying to sell it too you hahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif