CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Who makes the best dash pad ????

6.2 man

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I found a used pad in my color and in great shape . It was up to over 500 and didn't meet reserve . Another pad on there was buy it now for 600 . I was going to go urethane but heard bad things . So who has the best . Who has one that just slips on without trimming , Who makes one that is Blue and almost identical to factory ? Thanks

1975Jimmy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score

702GS

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Just picked up one of those Urethane replacements on Summit Racing. I was skeptical at first because people say they don't fit well, but for $200 this things is awesome IMO. Plus Urethane will never crack in the sun!

I have read the same reviews, care to elaborate on the fitment?

1975Jimmy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure. See the pics above and below. The fitment isn't bad at all. Just take your time installing it. You might need to shave off small pieces of urethane where the clips for the dash bezel go to get it to fit properly, but overall it fit my Jimmy great. I did peel the door seals next to the dash pad off the rail before installing the dash, once properly aligned and dash cap clips in place on the metal dash, I lightly tapped the seals back on. Its a very tight squeeze (at least in my truck) getting this dash in and out with the door seals pinched on.

19491997569_1036e2f7a3_z.jpg
[/url]

19491996949_6200417a8c_z.jpg
[/url]

19057711923_600823c37e_z.jpg
[/url]

JOES89K5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Hey 1975 Jimmy im replacing my dash pad and ordered a OEM vinyl over foam aftermarket replacement. I see yours and it looks nice. The one I purchased has those original clips. When u installed yours do the clips slide into the holes then clip onto the metal. The one I received falls short of clipping on the metal. Thanks

1975Jimmy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Joes89k5,

I have the polyurethane repro from Summit Racing. The metal frame for the pad took the factory clips perfectly. The process is pretty easy. I actually learned the process from this guy. http://youtu.be/prYL614amcE

1975Jimmy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
They twist off and out of their perch. Grab one and try rotating it 90 degrees. You might need to use a slot screwdriver to slightly lift the back edge (opposite of the side of the clip that grabs the dash frame) so that it will twist out.

Last edited:

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
does this replace the old dash or clip over the top? Mines really cracked bad..

Kay86K5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I picked one of these up for my new crew cab i'm building into a tow rig:
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=81
(bottom of the page)

Slips over the existing dash and is held on by adhesive (which is included). I havent' put mine on yet but it looks great. The guys on Truck Tech (Power Nation on Spike TV) put this same thing on an 87 square body they were building at it looked great

86454K30

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Randy from USA 1 Industries. They make the original style vinyl over foam like the OEM one was, I am told they fit and look like factory

Kay86K5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
@Kay86K5 . we expect a full detailed write up when you do it.

Cool?

I've got 2 that need some dashboard lovin

I for sure will. I was surprised I hadn't seen anyone else use these before. When I saw them on LMC's website, they are only a little bit more money than those stupid carpet dash covers, but a heck of a lot cheaper than the full replacement dash pad...so thought what the heck. May as well give it a shot. I will let you guys know what I think about it for sure

1975Jimmy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the dog in this picture look to be as big as the white car?? That's a big damn dog!

19491996949_6200417a8c_z.jpg

Lol, @PWagon that's not really a dog but an air freshener hanging from the rearview. It looks like my black lab but thankfully doesn't smell like her.

monty260

Registered Member
Reaction score
I for sure will. I was surprised I hadn't seen anyone else use these before. When I saw them on LMC's website, they are only a little bit more money than those stupid carpet dash covers, but a heck of a lot cheaper than the full replacement dash pad...so thought what the heck. May as well give it a shot. I will let you guys know what I think about it for sure
Have you had any luck installing that LMC cover yet. I'm thinking about getting one for my 88

Kay86K5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Have you had any luck installing that LMC cover yet. I'm thinking about getting one for my 88

Not yet. I am actually driving to Idaho this weekend to meet my brother to pick the truck up (I purchased it in WA where my brother lives and he has it at his house. We are meeting half way in Boise to swap it and then I'm driving it back to CO). I will make sure to take some pics in the coming weeks once I get the dash cover on and post it in this thread for you guys.

Kay86K5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I know you were asking wiring question to Josh. His shop is in Caldwell about 20 minutes past Boise

Yeah, I was thinking of stopping in and saying hi while I was up there, but this weekends trip doesn't afford me much time like that. We are going to Burley/Twin Falls for my wife's grandpa's funeral. And right after that I will be driving up to Boise to meet my brother and as soon as I get the truck, heading right back down to Burley to pick up my family and head back to CO. I figure my questions about my wiring harness's are things Josh can answer over the phone pretty easily. But my brother and I are going to try and plan a trip to Idaho either this summer or next to do a wheeling trip...maybe hit an event or two. So maybe we will stop at Josh's shop then.

Top Bottom